Uncertainty overshadows outlook for 2016
Deloitte CFO Survey - Q4 2015 Results
Swiss CFOs remain downbeat about the outlook for the country’s economy. They are more optimistic about their company’s financial prospects over the next 12 months, however.
Sustained pessimism about economic prospects -
A more positive view of financial prospects
As they move into 2016, Swiss CFOs have mixed feelings and there is a general belief that they face no fewer challenges than they did when entering 2015.
- Swiss CFOs remain downbeat about the outlook for the country’s economy.
- Around one-third rate the prospects for the economy over the next 12 months as negative, with just under a quarter (24%) rating them as positive.
- CFOs are more optimistic about their company’s financial prospects over the next 12 months.
- Almost half (45%) rate them as positive, up from 36% in Q3, while one in five rates them as negative.
- Firms are looking to embrace opportunities such as innovation, digitalisation as well as market and product growth.
Focus on geopolitical risks
- Swiss CFOs currently see geopolitical risks as the greatest challenge to their company.
- Other major risks include the strength of the Swiss Franc, increasing business regulation in Switzerland and the shortage of skilled professionals.
- 56% of CFOs do not expect Swiss interest rates to rise before 2018, and 17% believe they will not rise until 2019.
About the CFO Survey
The survey comprises 20 questions which recur each quarter and around 10 questions unique to the financial conditions of the previous quarter. This allows us to provide you with both specific feedback on the market conditions relevant to the previous quarter, as well as ongoing trend analysis regarding how financial conditions are evolving and how your peers are reacting to them.
The CFO Survey brings the views of CFOs to a wide audience in the media and among policy makers and is a valuable benchmark for Swiss business leaders.
Explore the data
Download the PDF to access all the historical data series from the Deloitte CFO Survey since Q3 2009. Please feel free to use any of the data series in your documents or presentations.