2019 power and utilities industry outlook has been saved
2019 power and utilities industry outlook
Power and utilities industry trends
As forces of change in the power and utilities sector accelerate, utilities are tapping new technologies to serve increasingly sophisticated customers and improve operational efficiencies. But regulatory structures may need to catch up for the industry to meet evolving customer expectations.
With forces of change accelerating in a business that has experienced stability and continuity for many years, what can we expect in 2019? Here are some of the areas we will be watching.
- Electricity customers are accustomed to a “new normal” and demanding to be heard:
- Technology is expanding opportunities to improve operations
- Pockets of business model experimentation are emerging
- Will regulatory change come fast enough for utilities to meet evolving customer expectations?
- And continuity coexists with change
Big-picture thinking on disruptive innovation in the retail power sector
Exploring renewable energy trends and the impact of Covid-19