Deloitte Banking Risk & Regulatory Academy IV
5-9 December 2022
What’s new on the Supervisor’s agenda? How do the economic trends of 2023 look like? What does the digital (r)evolution of banks bring? Are you curious what’s out there? Come explore with us at the Deloitte Banking Risk & Regulatory Academy! 5 days - 6 webinars - 2000+ participants, we will dive into risk & regulatory and beyond, led by our best subject matter experts from all around Europe.
This event is for You if you
- want to know the latest developments and the future outlook of banking risk & regulatory,
- want to learn about practices and solutions from all around Europe and the global markets,
- want to get practical advice on how to navigate in the more and more complex risk & regulatory environment.
Register for our free of charge webinars!
AGENDA 5-9 DECEMBER 2022
Join our panel for a review of the supervisory agenda, priorities and regulatory map for the European banking sector in 2023. Understand the supervisory trends and how those may affect the banks’ working schedule and business model strategy.
- Frank Mueller, Risk Advisory Partner – Deloitte Germany
- Herve Phaure, Risk Advisory Partner - Deloitte France
- Michael Cluse, Risk Advisory Director - Deloitte Germany
- Rod Hardcastle, Risk Advisory Director - Deloitte UK
- Stephan Thouet, Audit & Assurance Director - Deloitte Germany
What’s new on the regulatory and supervisory agenda?
Join our panel for an outlook on the economic trends of 2023. Understand the drivers and risks to the global and the European economy in the coming year. Hear insights on energy markets and the future of the energy crisis. Understand geopolitical and economic trends in Asia.
- Dr. Ira Kalish, Chief Global Economist - Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Dr. Alexander Börsch, Chief Economist and Head of Research - Deloitte Germany
- Dr. Johannes Trüby, Partner, Economic Advisory, Energy markets & modelling- Deloitte France
- Soichiro Shibata, Director - Monitor Deloitte (Japan) Geopolitics & Geostrategy
- Julia Patorska, Economist, Risk Advisory Director – Deloitte Poland
Outlook on the economic trends of 2023
During this webinar we will explore the challenges, risk and
opportunities that Credit banking activities will have to deal with, and
discuss with our international expert panel the key issues for credit risk
models and management.
Credit risk: Is the banking industry ready to deal with these new conditions?
With the growing focus on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues and expanding ESG regulatory landscape the prioritization of ESG preparedness and efforts dedicated to ESG topics and objectives need to be increased. In this session, we will discuss the most pressing subjects such as ICAAP integration of ESG metrics, and present an overview of regulatory requirements in terms of ESG disclosures (taxonomy reporting & pillar 3 ESG), - hot topics for December 31, 2022 - publications, and challenges for the Finance function on the way to integrated performance.
- Frederic Bujoc, Risk Advisory Partner - Deloitte France
- Herve Phaure, Credit Risk Partner – Deloitte France
- Ian Wilson, Risk Advisory Partner - Deloitte UK
- Krisztina S-Nagy, Risk Advisory Partner - Deloitte Hungary
- Stefan Ebenfeld, Risk Advisory Director – Deloitte Germany
Managing ESG around the emerging regulatory environment
The pandemic has transformed the world and banking sector irreversibly. Changes in all markets and industries have impacted customer expectations regarding digital banking services, which are now higher than ever. Because of that, the role of banks is evolving as well. During this panel, we will present the most interesting trends shaping the banking sector coming from our latest edition of Digital Banking Maturity study. We will also discuss the influence of digitalization on the risk function, and vice versa, how risk and compliance functions can digitize themselves to cover financial and non-financial risks even better.
- Damian Hales, Risk Advisory Partner – Deloitte UK·
- Justyna Wozniakowska, Consulting Manager, Strategy, Analytics and M&A - Deloitte Poland
- Michael Wodzicki, Consulting Partner, Strategy, Analytics and M&A - Deloitte Poland
Digital (r)evolution in banks – what it means for risk function?
During this webinar we will have an overview of the history of the IFR regulation, discuss the core concepts of the IFR regulation, share insights about the practical challenges from the industry using Germany as an example, and some flashlights on selected topics and upcoming developments.
- Thomas Peek, Risk Advisory Partner - Deloitte Germany
- Gerhard Dengl, Risk Advisory Partner - Deloitte Germany
New regulatory and risk management requirements for Investment Firms – the current state of play