Deloitte Banking Risk & Regulatory Academy II
14-18 June 2021
Are you ready to take a Risky Ride? The Deloitte Banking Risk & Regulatory Academy summer program is here! Driven by our best subject matter experts along with guest speakers from the supervisor and from the sector, we will navigate through the maze of Risk & Regulatory. 5 days, 10 webinars, 3000+ participants from all around Europe. Hop On!
This event is for You if you:
- want to know the latest developments and the future outlook of banking risk & regulatory;
- want to learn about practices and solutions from all around Europe;
- want to get practical advice on how to navigate in this more and more complex risk & regulatory environment.
AGENDA 14-18 JUNE 2021
Watch the recording: Risk and Regulatory Academy | Day 1 - What's new on the regulatory and supervisory agenda?
Please join our panel for a review of the regulatory and supervisory agenda priorities in the European banking sector. Significant developments expected to affect the banks’ risk management framework. Understand the supervisory trends in various jurisdictions in Western and Central Europe and how those may affect the bank’s working schedule and business model strategy.
- Simon Brennan, Risk & Regulatory Leader - Deloitte EMEA Centre for Regulatory Strategy
- Michael Cluse, Risk Advisory Director - Deloitte Germany
- Dimitrios Goranitis, Risk & Regulatory Leader - Deloitte Central Europe
- Steven Van Honacker, Risk & Regulatory Director - Deloitte North West Europe
- Stephan Thouet, Risk & Regulatory Director – Deloitte Germany
Watch the recording: Risk and Regulatory Academy | Day 1 - Capital management & stress testing in the post-COVID period
Please join our panel for a deep dive in the challenges of capital management & stress testing in the post-COVID period. This session will focus on regulators priorities and point of attentions (based on ECB report on ICAAP bank practices) as well as stress testing approaches and trends (calibration of scenarios considering lessons learnt by COVID-19 crisis, reverse stress testing, operational processes for stress testing, stress testing on climate risk).
- Frederic Bujoc, Risk & Regulatory Leader - Deloitte France
- Igor Toder, Risk & Regulatory Director - Deloitte France
Watch the recording: Risk and Regulatory Academy | Day 2 - The post-COVID credit risk environment
Please join our panel for a deep dive in the post-COVID credit risk environment. The panel will present a provision benchmarking analysis across EU, discuss the need for the banks to revisit the existing IFRS9 methodology and explore the regulatory framework developments and macroeconomic impact on credit risk.
- Dr. Thomas Moosbrucker, Quantitative Services Leader - Deloitte Germany
- Herve Phaure, Credit Risk Leader – Deloitte France
- Przemyslaw Szczygielski, Partner, Financial Risk Leader at Deloitte Central Europe; FSI Leader in Poland
- Krisztina S-Nagy, Risk & Regulatory Leader – Deloitte Hungary
- Sara O'Keane, Risk & Regulatory Director – Deloitte Ireland
Watch the recording: Risk and Regulatory Academy | Day 2 - The banking sector's NPL outlook
Please join a panel of experts for a deep dive in the banking sector’s NPL outlook and the banking supervisor’s approach. We will also look into the sector’s lessons learned from the last crisis and the updated strategic approach to NPL management and NPL divestment. The pandemic economic impact, the macro environment, SSM’s outlook and the regulatory framework are shaping a different arena for non-performing loans. The sector will need to draw from previous experience a new dynamic market in order to maximize the benefit and minimize the impact.
Please join our panel for a deep dive in the BIRD. The Banks’ Integrated Reporting Dictionary (BIRD) aims to foster cooperation in the field of regulatory reporting, alleviate the reporting burden for banks and improve the quality of data reported to the authorities. Does it deliver on this promise? Join us to find out how collaboration and digitization can transform the sector.
- Peter Schaap, Risk & Regulatory Director – Deloitte Netherlands
- Ali Khalili, Data & Knowledge Scientist - Deloitte Netherlands
Watch the recording: Risk and Regulatory Academy | Day 3 - Strategic view on the BIRD
Please join our panel for a deep dive on Cloud Computing. National and European regulators have put extensive requirements on the use of cloud service providers by banks and there is some uncertainty where the limits of cloud adoption are. The panel will discuss strategies how banks have migrated into the cloud while considering those limits. Join us to find out how to move your organization into the cloud without upsetting your regulators too much.
- Christian Haas, Risk & Regulatory Leader – Deloitte Germany
- Dr. Sven Kleinknecht, Risk & Regulatory Senior Manager - Deloitte Germany
- Slawomir Lubak, Cloud Leader – Deloitte Central Europe
Please join our panel for a deep dive in ESG strategy for the banking sector. A strategic approach to managing environmental, social, and governance demands is becoming inevitable as the EBA is consulting on disclosures for ESG risks under the Pillar 3 framework. By mid-2022, banks will be required to disclose quantitative information on their exposure to climate-related risks, covering both physical and transition risk; and qualitative information on their exposure to wider ESG risks.
- Michael Pieper, Risk Advisory Director – Deloitte Germany
- Irena Pichola, Risk & Regulatory Leader – Deloitte Poland
- Hans-Juergen Walter, Deloitte Global Leader for Sustainable Finance
- Jacek Kubas, Associate Director – Capital Markets Development, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Akos Lukacs, Risk & Regulatory Senior Manager – Deloitte Hungary
Watch the recording: Risk and Regulatory Academy | Day 4 - ESG strategy for the banking sector
Please join a panel of experts for a deep dive in the cyber and IT security ecosystem. The panel will present significant developments in cyber security and cyber resilience, and explore both trends in the banking sector by individual market, and the priorities of the banking supervisors analyzing the approach of ECB on cyber onsite inspections and the EU’s Digital Operational Resilience Act for financial services (DORA). The panel will also offer insights on lessons learned on TIBER, and close with a risk based approach to payments security following the fast track digitalization of the function.
- Lajos Antal, Risk & Regulatory Leader – Deloitte Hungary
- Andrei Ionescu, Risk & Regulatory Leader – Deloitte Romania
- Malko Steinorth, Risk & Regulatory Director – Deloitte Germany
- Mohamed Kameche, Risk & Regulatory Director – Deloitte France
Watch the recording: Risk and Regulatory Academy | Day 4 - Deep dive in the cyber and IT security ecosystem
Please join our session on Financial Crime, where we will take a closer look at the European Banking Authority’s expectations around AML, led by our guest speaker, Dirk Haubrich - Head of Conduct, Payments and Consumers at EBA. We will also explore trends regarding AML monitoring tools, discussing recent innovations.
- Nicolas Fleuret, Risk & Regulatory Leader - Deloitte France
- Dirk Haubrich, Head of Conduct, Payments and Consumers – European Banking Authority
- Pawel Splawski, Risk & Regulatory Leader - Deloitte Poland
Watch the recording: Risk and Regulatory Academy | Day 5 - All about anti money laundering: from EBA's expectations to recent innovations
Please join our panel for a deep-dive into RegTech best-practices and the importance of regulatory technologies for the future of compliance. Together with our RegTech Lab cooperation partner, Web Shield, this session provides insights about how effective sandboxing-mechanisms can be applied to refine existing standard applications to client-tailored solutions, coupled with live demonstrations of Deloitte assets for efficient enhanced due diligence measures and modular payment screening. Compliance modernization in these days no longer optional – in fact, it provides the opportunity to investigate and mitigate things before the risks escalate.
- Peter Schadt, Financial Crime Leader and Head of RegTech – Deloitte Germany
- Christian Chmiel, CEO Web Shield Services GmbH
- Anna Werner, Operational RegTech Lab Lead – Deloitte Germany