Manufacturing M&A Predictions Switzerland
Five key trends for manufacturing M&A activity in Switzerland
- M&A environment: The majority of respondents remains positive about financial prospects and plans to increase their M&A activity. Filling technology gaps is the key driver and price expectation gaps the main obstacle of M&A activity.
- M&A and strong Swiss Franc: The most active buyers and sellers in Switzerland are coming from North America and Germany. The abolition of the exchange rate floor is having no significant impact on M&A strategies.
- M&A valuations: Existing funds are the main source of deal finance and the availability of debt finance for deals remains high. Majority investments are seen as the preferred investment strategy.
- M&A origination and execution: Manufacturers remain acquisitive, with Germany, North America and China the key target regions.
- M&A auctions: The majority of manufacturers see M&A auctions as unattractive and do not participate in them.
Manufacturing M&A Predictions Switzerland H1 2015