Analytics & Cognitive
When you harness the power of analytics, automation, and artificial intelligence (AI), you can uncover hidden relationships from vast amounts of data. Implementing the right strategy and technology will balance speed, cost, and quality to deliver measurable business value.
Think about humans with machines, strategy with insights, cost reduction with automation, data with purpose, speed with precision. The Power of With™ has never been greater. Deloitte is helping companies harness that power to identify transformative advantages and move faster with greater precision, to improve decision-making, and to create beneficial connections with customers.
We can help you leverage the power and versatility of AI to reach new levels of organizational excellence. Starting with defining an AI strategy to develop new business models, and improve outcomes in key areas of your operations, we can help you along every step of the journey as you turn data into insights and apply them.
Our Asset & IP Factory and Managed Analytics & AI services (including cloud-based Robotic Process Automation Software as a Service and Insights as a Service), put cognitive technology into real-world action, working with you to create AI-driven products that put your business at the cutting-edge.
We can help you modernize your analytics and data using next generation cloud-based platforms and big data architectures to enable analytics and AI-powered organisations.
Our Robotic & Intelligent Automation team can work with you in implementing automated processes to emulate human decision-making, interactions, and judgments and discover new opportunities to drive results at every level of your business.
Ultimately, we can help you reach AI insights and engagement by using next-generation autonomous algorithms, augmenting your human decision-making, generating highly actionable predictions and insights from your data, and enabling more autonomous decision making.
Learn more about the Age of With™ at Deloitte
Explore our value propositions
To offer a user- or customer-centric service, your strategy to scale from experimentation to full transformation marks your departure. An AI strategy is a fundamental pre-requisite to accelerate your business innovation journey. Strategically approaching the design, the required changes in AI and innovation culture and skills, and the scaling of new business models fueled by AI technologies are key success drivers for your next generation services resulting in AI value creation.
We help you to shape your AI strategy, the enabling roadmap as well as the operating models meeting your company’s context and ambitions. In combination with cultural mindset vehicles, we advise you in scaling AI from idea to value across the company; from use cases identification, business problems solutioning and business cases shaping, to user adoption. We incubate innovation opportunities that are addressing recurring business problems. We productize and monetize innovative solutions that have a differentiating value proposition on the market. Our Asset & IP Factory put innovation technology into real-world actions.
We design innovative AI-based solutions transforming your business services for your company, your customers and your people. To deliver in accordance with our value proposition you will receive tailored advice designed to address your environment and aspirations. Our expertise in AI enables us to guide you through:
- Identifying, assessing and prioritizing an initial set of AI use cases. This is to design a corresponding full-cycle AI service delivery model (AI Strategy)
- Imagining innovative AI-based solutions that provide a superior customer experience with enhanced automated processing (AI Design)
- Designing AI transformation components (AI COE, AI Lab, AI teams, AI platform), structuring engagement (ideation, operating model, business cases, and pipeline) and delivering explorative AI proof of concepts (AI Scaling)
- Educating employees to leverage emerging technologies to design new services, encouraging AI-based innovation and cultural shifts towards agility across the company and guiding human centered ideation with design thinking principles (AI Mindset)
As a result, to drive your innovation journey we help explore and scale innovation opportunities enabled through AI technologies. We work together with you to create AI-driven products that turn innovation opportunities into a boost in return on investment.
To extract maximum value from all your data assets we help you to transform your operations and uncover the source of your perpetual value creation.
This exploration mission requires a co-creative approach that encourages engagement and tangible results. Your increased profitability and growth opportunities radically transform your stakeholder engagement and trim your service delivery costs.
We develop voice- and text-based conversational solutions, we generate human-like insights and recommendations from structured and unstructured data using science-based capabilities, machine learning, and artificial intelligence platforms. Our expertise Cognitive Insights & Engagement enables us to guide you through:
- Ideating and implementing AI use cases by applying cognitive analytics and narrow AI (e.g., machine / deep learning, natural language processing, speech / image recognition, sentiment analysis). This is to augment insights generation and streamline service delivery; domain examples include improved reporting and forecasting (Finance), employee recruiting and retention (HR), customer / business targeting (Marketing), supply chain optimization and product / service quality (Operations).
- Discovering data and visualizing insights with agile, user-friendly, and interactive visual analytics solutions guarantee user engagement. We help you to design, develop and deploy state of the art visual analytics applications, focusing on user experience and business outcomes.
- Engaging customers and users alike propel stakeholder participation towards a unique experience. Replacing high-volume service requests with voice- and text-based conversational user interfaces (e.g. chat bots) for functions such as customer care (Operations), collections (Finance), technical support (IT), and employee onboarding and benefits (HR)
Our co-created analytics solutions are tailored to drive stakeholder engagement and pervade experience, satisfaction, and adoption.
Two of the most dramatic changes in contemporary information technology architectures are the rise of the cloud for processing and storing data, and the modernization of data management tools to accommodate unstructured data and open-source technologies. These two trends are happening simultaneously and both are critical to success for today’s organizations. With the proper alignment between a company’s IT and business goals, investment in next generation analytic platforms and having skilled teams for analytic discovery, companies can be fully adaptable and position themselves for long-term and sustainable growth.
We support you with our expertise to define with you how an Insight Driven Organisation translates to your company’s context and ambitions. Our track record success has shaped our recognition that an Insight Driven Organisation (IDO) embeds AI, analytics and robust data into its decision-making processes.
We help you implement and scale data programs and functions that deliver on the promise of technology – creating agility and insight. We build data management and analytics capabilities on cloud data platforms, tied into your business strategy and provide democratized insight into the key questions that create impact in performance. And we deliver this promise as the enabler of an organizational intelligence across all levels – from the C-Suite to Operations.
We cover an end-to-end service offering to support your data and analytics modernization:
- Insight Driven Organization – Strategy: Starting with an IDO current state assessment and IDO Scaling Lab, we easily understand your readiness for analytics and insights. Develop the prioritized roadmap and operating model for transforming the analytics capabilities of the organization, to enable key business insights & outcomes.
- Insight Driven Organization – Delivery: Build data intelligence capabilities to support finance, commercial, supply chain, operational or regulatory transformations, based on the outcomes identified by the IDO Strategy and roadmap.
- (Multi-cloud) Data Architecture: Architect and implement cloud data platforms and the analytics capabilities on them and migrate on premise data warehouses, appliances and lakes to the cloud.
- Chief Data Officer Services: Set up or change your CDO function. Assess, prioritize and address transformational data management, governance and quality issues for your organization. Build and train your organization and introduce proven technology.
With our end-to-end service offering and experience, we are addressing your data and analytics modernization challenges to help you successfully adapt and leverage your analytic capabilities across people, process and technology.
Process automation is changing how companies works. But, even as many companies explore the possibilities through pilot projects, they struggle to scale automation across the enterprise. And, too often, the benefits have not met expectations.
We believe that success in automation requires leveraging the power of cutting-edge cognitive technologies, artificial intelligence and process automation. We support the full spectrum of automation possibilities to ensure that you generate maximum value from your automation efforts. Our Robotic & Intelligent Automation expertise covers:
- Defining a vision and providing advisory by establishing an integrated human-machine ecosystem vision, a centre of excellence and digital transformation strategy. We advise you in developing a digitalization and automation roadmap, process assessments and business case development. This may include proof of concept development, vendor selection, operating model and CoE design.
- Implementing Robotic & Intelligent Automation and transitioning the workforce. This is to co-design a solution architecture to support improved processes which includes development, test and production deployment, data extraction, and CoE implementation. Our efforts to bring humans to the center of your operations translates in defining transition solutions to related to your transformation and change management journey.
- Delivering managed services for process automation aims at providing managed solutions related to automation program sustainment, automation foundry, and insights-as-a-service offerings.
Automation is only as good as the results achieved from it – whether that’s cost savings or other benefits, such as improved customer experience, lower error rates or greater speed. We help you redesign your business processes to optimally combine people and technology so that your automation efforts fully meet your expectations.
The acceleration of change in the corporate environment underscores the urgency of shifting to a more dynamic talent and work model for the long term. On the agenda of many company’s executives is the challenge of structuring their analytics organisation, the required changes to the processes and systems as well as the need to develop a flexible workforce to drive and sustain our analytics investments.
We identified a number of practices to enable integrated systems, processes and synergistic operating models that help to bring focus and maximize return on investment with clear attribution.
Our Managed Analytics offering supports the operations and enhancement of traditional data warehouses and next generation data lakes, along with their related applications and platforms. We provide flexible, long-term, staffing models that allow us to optimize the data life cycle, put data in the hands of decision makers faster, and drive enhanced analytics insights.
To strengthen your organisation’s agility, you should consider the following four Managed Analytics building blocks:
- Analytics Platform as a Service (PaaS) - Analytics Platforms are constructed of market-ready, commercial-grade technology assets, and a diverse ecosystem of specialized services and capabilities.
- Analytics Solution as a Service (SaaS) - We offer productized, cloud-based, end-to-end analytics solutions including assisting services to solve domain and/or industry specific needs
- Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE) - The Analytics CoE is a capacity of Analytics experts which can be assessed on demand to establish, identify, develop, and harness cross-functional processes, knowledge, and expertise that have tangible benefits for the business.
- Analytics Insights as a Service (IaaS) Insights as a service refers to a cloud-based service that provides insights to business corporations and also aids in providing the concrete steps that are required to leverage these insights towards achieving business goals.
As the field of analytics matures, many business leaders are beginning to reap the benefits without making large upfront investments in time and resources by leveraging Managed Analytics. Managed Analytics is an opportunity. Transforming the Analytics function from the ground up starts by transforming both business and technology to progressively unlock the full-potential of your data – going from data to insights.
Each value proposition offered within our Swiss Analytics & Cognitive team can empower your business on its own. But they reach their full potential when they are deployed alongside each other and thus enable your full growth potential by leveraging AI and data to modernise existing and/or build new viable products and services.
This is of great value for you who may be looking for possible improvements in productivity and efficiency. But it also is likely to introduce a significant amount of change in a short amount of time. The investment in next generation analytic platforms and solutions will likely play a big role in the move from traditional business value creation to AI- and innovation-driven value creation. And the journey is just beginning. While synergistic effects are clearly in focus, the aggregation of data through emerging technologies leads to cognitive learning and ultimately very powerful analytics. If you want to know more about how to get your organization on the path to collaborating with industry experts to deliver state of the art solutions, we can help.