The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker
Spreading their wings: Direct Lenders evolve their product suite
The Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker covers 63 leading Alternative Lenders, with whom we track deals across Europe.
The eighteenth issue covers data for the fourth quarter of 2017 that closed with 103 deals completing, representing a 32% increase in deal flow on a last 12 months basis in comparison with the previous year.
- 1301 deals recorded across Europe in the last 21 quarters with the UK recording a 35% growth in deals compared to 2016
- The Business, Infrastructure & Professional Services (BIPS) industry continues to be dominant user of Alternative Lending in Europe with 21%
- Lending in the quarter hit an impressive 103 deals, a rise of 51% on the same period in 2016
- 2017 has been the strongest in five years for Direct Lending fundraising in Europe with $24.5bn raised
- Direct Lenders are engaged in a new race to create a broader product suite, to appeal to a more diverse range of borrowers
Explore the Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker in more detail below
Our Debt Advisory team has been in active dialogue with the leading European Alternative Lenders to set up a quarterly database, which monitors the primary European mid-market deal activity involving these lenders. 60 alternative debt funds currently participate in the Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker and the results are released to interested parties on a quarterly basis in a public version of the tracker.
Deloitte Debt Advisory
The Debt Advisory team is an integral part of Deloitte's Financial Advisory practice, providing independent advice and world class execution across the full spectrum of debt markets through the firm's global network. We have a team dedicated to raising capital from alternative lenders.
Download your copy of the latest report
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker - Q3 2017
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker - Q2 2017
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker - Q1 2017
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker - Q2 2016
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker - Q1 2016
Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker - Q4 2015