Immigration News November 2021
Reminder for UK citizen working in Denmark before 31.12.20
UK citizens already living & working in DK at the time of Brexit must remember to apply for a new residence status before 31 December 2021. They will have the same rights, as long as they obtained their EU residence certificate and consequently CPR registered before 31 December 2020.
2 November 2021
UK citizens already living & working in Denmark before Brexit:
- Will have the same rights after Brexit, as they had with their initial application
- Will need to apply for a new residence permit before 31 December 2021
- Should already have received a reminder and information about the online application process.
UK cross boarder employees (working in Denmark, but living in the UK) before Brexit:
- Will have the same rights to continue to do so
- Will need to document that they were working as a cross boarder employee before Brexit (valid work contract with a job start date in 2020)
- Will also need to apply for a new residence permit during 2021. It is the employees’ own responsibility to apply during 2021 as The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration will not send a reminder.
UK nationals arriving after 31 December 2020 who have not obtained the EU residence certificate
- Will not be covered by the EU rules
- Will need to apply for a residence and work permit as a non-EU national
- Must not commence work until the permit has been approved.
Please liaise with your Deloitte immigration expert if you have further questions to the rules, or the documentation required.