Why a Career in Consulting? has been saved
Why a Career in Consulting?
At Deloitte, success means using logical thinking, leading global methodologies and our knowledge of industries to help Ireland’s largest organisations solve their most complex problems. Strategy, innovation, and a thorough knowledge of what makes an organisation run effectively are increasingly valuable skills in an ever-changing business environment.
Meet Ben Amobi, Graduate in Consulting
What is Consulting?
First, we gain a deep understanding of our client’s business – including their challenges and opportunities. Then, we serve our clients by addressing their particular need – whether by improving on existing services, transforming an organisation’s leadership function, streamlining the way businesses function, or helping to implement a new product, service, or technology solution.
Deloitte are the only major global consultancy practice to combine professional business and accounting skills with the ability to deliver major business change and information technology programmes. Our clients include both domestic and multinational firms of varying size and encompass all major industry sectors including financial services, consumer business, energy and resources, technology, media and telecommunications as well as the public sector.
In Human Capital, it is our mission to enhance an organisation's value through their people. How do we do this?
- By advising our clients on how to transform their organisations through their people. We do this by redefining the work, the workplace and the workforce.
- By assembling a highly talented, diverse and integrated team of business consultants and deep technical specialists.
- Implementing the latest exciting and innovative people technologies, promoting employee engagement and providing valuable insights into the organisation and its people.
- By investing in leading-edge human capital metrics, analytics, methodologies & technologies and equipping our team to deliver measureable value for our local and global clients.
- Simply, by being more than your typical Human Capital Consulting Practice.
Our Human Capital team consists of professionals in the Organisation, HR and Workforce Transformation specialties, who leverage pioneering research, analytics and industry insights to help design and execute talent, leadership, technology, organisation and change programmes to deliver that business success. As an analyst you will work closely with our experienced team to understand customer and business challenges, input to future solution requirements and support the client to transform.
Our Finance team supports CFOs in times of significant change. This support can take many forms, for example:
- Updates or complete transformation of their Finance Technology landscape. We support by defining the Finance requirements for these transformations.
- Major acquisitions where post-merger / acquisition support is required.
- Supporting new CFOs in role to implement their Finance Strategy.
- Supporting Finance teams to provide valuable insight to the business through improved Performance Management reporting.
- Defining the Global Finance Operating Model for companies.
For graduates joining our finance transformation team, in addition to the training programmes provided, you will be required to complete the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants qualification (CIMA).
As a Business & Strategy analyst, you will have the opportunity to work in a range of projects across a host of different industry sectors, including Financial Services (Banking, Insurance etc.), Private Sector (Life Sciences, Consumer Business, Telecoms etc.), and the Public Sector.
Activities will range from business analysis, business requirements gathering, market research, participating in workshops, and process mapping, all while working as part of a team to make an impact that matters to our clients.
The Business & Strategy Graduate programme is designed in such a way that our analysts build their consulting toolkit while working with clients to deliver against their complex priorities.
The role of a Digital & Customer Consultant is to leverage customer, market and business insights to support clients in managing, improving and transforming their businesses. As a new analyst, you will conduct market research and business analysis, learn about customer experience and design customer journeys.
You will work closely with creative and digital delivery teams to understand customer and business challenges, input to future solution requirements and support the business to adopt new technology solutions.
Find out more:
Our commitment to the professional development of our people is absolute. Focused on technical, client relationship and technology skills, and reinforced by on-the-job learning, our ‘lifelong’ tailored approach will ensure you continue to progress in your career and become the leader you know you can be.
All graduates joining consulting undertake the Deloitte Analyst Induction Programme, an extensive programme spanning two weeks, covering the fundamentals of consulting.
As you progress, further structured training will follow focusing on building the consulting skills required to be effective at each grade. Furthermore, Deloitte’s global online training course catalogue is accessible on a continuous basis, allowing you the opportunity to complete and be certified across a range of courses.
Read more about our learning approach.
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accounting, business, law, science, technology, engineering, maths, amongst others. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or are currently on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
We offer competitive reward packages and a variety of benefits. The firm also offers a number of wellbeing programmes to reflect the balance of priorities in our people’s lives.
Upon joining our Graduate Programme in Consulting, you can expect:
- 21 days annual leave rising with service plus 1 additional “Deloitte Day” (22 days total)
- Option to avail of up to 5 extra holiday days annually
- Compressed working week: 2pm finish on Fridays during June, July and August
- Bonus scheme
- Discounted health insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- Paid professional subscription
- Graduation leave
- Advanced learning and development programmes
- Further education support options
- Employee assistance programme
- Tax saver travel pass
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition awards
- Annual Corporate Responsibility Impact Day
- Deloitte Unplugged programme
- Corporate deals and discounts
Read more about life at Deloitte.
Join the conversation on social media #yourDeloitte