Why a Career in Consulting?
At Deloitte, success means using logical thinking, leading global methodologies and our knowledge of industries to help Ireland’s largest organisations solve their most complex problems. Strategy, innovation, and a thorough knowledge of what makes an organisation run effectively are increasingly valuable skills in an ever-changing business environment.
- What is Consulting?
- Pathway breakdown
- Learning and development
- Paths to qualification
- Qualifications, Skills & Experience
What is Consulting?
First, we gain a deep understanding of our client’s business – including their challenges and opportunities. Then, we serve our clients by addressing their particular need – whether by improving on existing services, transforming an organisation’s leadership function, streamlining the way businesses function, or helping to implement a new product, service, or technology solution. Our projects range in length from a few weeks to months or years, and are often time-critical.
We spend a lot of time with our clients, meaning that we form lasting relationships and become increasingly familiar with the industries they operate within. This is what makes Consulting so engaging – every project is different from the last, and you are able to immerse yourself in a new world on each engagement, becoming an ‘expert’ in each client’s business. This is a rich, exhilarating and challenging way to begin your career.
Joining Deloitte’s consulting department will provide you with the opportunity to become a member of one of Ireland’s largest multi-functional consultancy practices. As part of a global firm, we are always pushing ourselves to innovate and improve the services we provide to our clients, drawing on and contributing to cutting edge thought leadership around the world.
Deloitte are the only major global consultancy practice to combine professional business and accounting skills with the ability to deliver major business change and information technology programmes.
Our clients include both domestic and multinational firms of varying size and encompass all major industry sectors including financial services, consumer business, energy and resources, technology, media and telecommunications as well as the public sector.
What impact will you make?
Human Capital Consultant
In Human Capital, it is our mission to enhance an organisation's value through people. How are we doing this? By redefining Human Capital and how it is managed and measured. By assembling a highly talented and integrated team of business consultants and deep technical specialists. By fostering an environment of innovation. By aggressively investing in leading-edge metrics, methodologies, and tools. Simply, by being more than your typical Human Capital Consulting Practice.
Our Human Capital team is made up of HR transformation and Organisation Transformation. Our Human Capital professionals leverage research, analytics and industry insights to help design and execute HR, talent, leadership, technology, organisation and change programmes that enable business performance through people performance.
Within Human Capital we offer a variety of career options where you'll learn how to create innovative business, technology and operational solutions and develop the expertise to implement them.
Finance Consultant (CIMA)
Our Finance team supports CFOs in times of significant change. This support can take many forms for example:
- Updates or complete transformation of their Finance Technology landscape. We support by defining the Finance requirements for these transformations. Major acquisitions where post merger / acquisition support is required.
- Supporting new CFOs in role to implement their Finance Strategy.
- Supporting Finance teams to provide valuable insight to the business through improved Performance Management reporting.
- Defining the Global Finance Operating Model for companies.
The team advise and collaborate with large multinational companies across all areas including technology, media, telecommunications, financial services, consumer business, life sciences and public sector.
Business & Strategy Consultant
As a Business & Strategy analyst, you will have the opportunity to work in a range of projects across a host of different industry sectors, including Financial Services (Banking, Insurance etc.), Private Sector (Life Sciences, Consumer Business, Telecoms etc.), and the Public Sector.
Activities will range from business analysis, business requirements gathering, market research, participating in workshops, and process mapping, all while working as part of a team to make an impact that matters to our clients. The Business & Strategy Graduate programme is designed in such a way that our analysts build their consulting toolkit while working with clients to deliver against their complex priorities.
Digital & Customer Consultant
The role of a Digital & Customer Consultant is to leverage customer, market and business insights to support clients in managing, improving and transforming their businesses. As a new analyst, you will conduct market research and business analysis, learn about customer experience and design customer journeys. You will work closely with creative and digital delivery teams to understand customer and business challenges, input to future solution requirements and support the business to adopt new technology solutions.
Learning and development
Our commitment to the professional development of our people is absolute. Focused on technical, client relationship and technology skills, and reinforced by on-the-job learning, our ‘lifelong’ tailored approach will ensure you continue to progress in your career and become the leader you know you can be.
All graduates joining consulting undertake the Deloitte Analyst Induction Programme, an extensive programme spanning two weeks, covering the fundamentals of consulting.
As you progress, further structured training will follow focusing on building the consulting skills required to be effective at each grade. Furthermore, Deloitte’s global online training course catalogue is accessible on a continuous basis, allowing you the opportunity to complete and be certified across a range of courses.
Read more about our learning approach.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accounting, business, law, science, technology, engineering, maths, amongst others. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or are currently on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
We offer competitive reward packages and a variety of benefits. The firm also offers a number of wellbeing programmes to reflect the balance of priorities in our people’s lives.
- 21 days annual leave rising with service plus 1 additional “Deloitte Day” (22 days total)
- Option to avail of up to 5 extra holiday days annually
- Compressed working week. 2pm finish on Friday’s during June, July and August
- Bonus scheme
- Discounted health insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- Paid professional subscription
- Graduation leave
- Advanced learning and development programmes
- Further education support options
- Employee assistance programme
- Tax saver travel pass
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition awards
- Annual Corporate Responsibility Impact Day
- Deloitte Unplugged programme
- Corporate deals and discounts