“Risk Japan 2017” hosted by Asia Risk
June 6, 2017
The Center for Risk Management Strategy (CRMS) of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LLC participated in the 10th annual Risk Japan, hosted by Asia Risk as principal sponsor. In addition to our experts presenting and moderating discussions at the conference, we interacted with clients to introduce our services.
- About Risk Japan
- Risk Intelligence e-Newsletter (Global Risk Watch)
- Contact Center for Risk Management Strategy (CRMS)
Presentation: Conduct risk - improving existing business models and producing new business models in terms of addressing Fiduciary Duties
• What should we consider in the definition of conduct risk?
• Reforms of banks' business models using a risk appetite framework to balance between a sustaining innovation and a disruptive innovation
• Key issues for providing financial services based on Fiduciary Duties
• Next steps in addressing Fiduciary Duties
Kanji Okazaki, Senior Manager, Financial Services Industry Group, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LLC
Presentation: How does counterparty credit risk fit into the overall risk framework?
• Overview of capital, margin and funding requirements related to counterparty credit risk
• Understand how these requirements link to liquidity and leverage ratios
• How collateral and central clearing can be used as a lever to reduce counterparty risk
• Discuss the effect of margin requirements on FIs funding including NSFR
Felicity Trimm, Senior Manager, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LLC
Insurance Panel: Utilising ERM models in a dramatically changing risk environment
• How to utilise ERM for strategic decision making
• Risk governance and risk culture: the essential elements of ERM execution
• Reassessing business strategies
Shigeyuki Goto, Director, Centre for Risk Management Strategy, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LLC
Yasuhisa Watanabe, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer & Chief Risk Officer, RGA Reinsurance Company
Thomas Des, Treasurer, Asia, MetLife
Masahiko Tamamura, Executive Officer, Tokio Marine Holdings Inc.
About Risk Japan
Each year, Risk Japan conference provides a platform for leading risk professionals to meet, present, and discuss diverse topics around risk management of financial institutions.
The event serves as a prime opportunity to gain insights on trends in global and Japanese regulation, macroeconomic, financial and other relevant risk factors.
Risk Japan 2017
Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 from 8:55 a.m. to 5:40 p.m. (Registration opens at 8:30 a.m.) *Cocktail reception from 5:40 p.m.
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
(Marunouchi Trust Tower Main, 1-8-3 Marunouchi Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8283 Japan)
This year is the 10th anniversary of Risk Japan. The conference consistently delivers cutting-edge insights and intelligence on the latest financial innovations, risk management strategies, tech advances and regulatory developments.
Join leading risk management experts to discuss the latest global regulatory development and impact on the Japanese finance industry, strategies in mitigating market volatility, practical ways in enhancing capital efficiencies and innovative solutions in managing across different risk types.
Buy-side professionals working in the following industries
*Pension / superannuation funds
*Sovereign wealth funds
*Asset / investment management companies
・Number of attendees
Profound analysis on regulation, risk management, and derivatives markets
*The future of emerging risk management
*Road to Basel IV - Tackling the challenges posed by revised standards
*Conduct risk - improving existing business models and producing new business models in terms of addressing Fiduciary Duties
*Preparation for IFRS9 implementation
*How does counterparty credit risk fit into the overall risk framework?
*Evolving ERM models in a dramatically changing risk environment
*Navigating an increasingly digital finance world
>>See the full programme on the Asia Risk event page * External link
Contact Center for Risk Management Strategy (CRMS)
Please use the following contact form to communicate your questions regarding our services, and interviews/public relations/lecture requests.
* Our staff will follow up your requests with an e-mail. Thank you for understanding the process may take some time.