DT Legal Japan, Attorney-at-law
3-3-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku
Yusuke Hanada practices in the areas of labor & employment law, dispute resolution, and general corporate law. In particular he has experience with labor & employment disputes (including but not limited to litigation, labor tribunal proceedings, and collective negotiation) and a wide variety of court proceedings such as commercial contract disputes, tort litigation, product liability litigation, petitions for setting aside arbitral awards, and insolvency matters. Based on the experience in dispute matters, he also provides domestic and foreign clients with general advice regarding legal risk management. Before joining Deloitte, he has worked at a Tokyo office of a US leading law firm.
The services he focuses on are:
- Labor & Employment: Drafting and reviewing employment contracts, rules of employment and other company rules and policies; Advising businesses on termination procedures including dismissals and encouragement of voluntary retirement; Handling matters involving employees’ overtime payment claims, leave of absence due to mental diseases, sexual harassment and other types of harassment, and workers’ compensation;
- Domestic Dispute Matters: Representing businesses in labor & employment disputes, commercial contract disputes, tort litigation, product liability litigation, and petitions for setting aside arbitral awards;
- Foreign Dispute Matters: Reviewing documents in e-discovery procedures; drafting English opinion letters concerning Japanese law that are submitted to foreign courts;
- M&A: Conducting legal due diligence in international transactions; and
- General Corporate Matters: Reviewing and translating business contracts such as master purchase agreements, service agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
2013-2019 Jones Day, Tokyo
2019-Present DT Legal Japan
Dai-ni Tokyo Bar Association (2012)
Keio University (J.D. 2011; LL.B. 2008)
University of California, Berkeley (LL.M. 2019)
Japanese and English