Health & Wellness Progress Report
Based on 2018 survey findings
The latest Health & Wellness Progress Report, created in collaboration with The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF), sees a progressive shift in how its members are working together to address the issues that matter the most to their consumers; and to empower their consumers, communities, and employees to adopt healthier lifestyles.
- View or download the full report
- View or download the 2018 infographics
- Highlights from the report
- Previous versions
- Related topics
About the Health & Wellness Progress Report
The CGF’s Health & Wellness Pillar, through its member companies, has been making efforts to address the most pressing health and wellness issues in the community. The latest Health & Wellness Progress Report, based on the findings from the 2018 survey, shows significant improvement in the achievement of all commitments over the past six years.
The report shows that a record number of two million employees engaged in health and wellness initiatives. Companies are responding to increasing consumer demand for consistent product labelling and 98% of the survey respondents had reformulated at least some part of their product portfolio.
The CGF Health & Wellness Pillar supports three of the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)—zero hunger, good health and well-being, and partnerships to achieve these goals. The report provides an insight into how well the CGF member companies are contributing to these goals and the health and wellness of their consumers, employees, and the communities they exist in. It also closely monitors the trends and issues that are providing a stimulus for businesses to make this progressive shift.
Highlights from the report
- A record number of two million employees engaged in health and wellness initiatives.
- Over 98% of responding companies reformulated at least some part of their product portfolio in accordance with their own health and wellness policies.
- 79% of companies declared that 81% to 100% of their food and beverage products display key nutrient information.
- Over 70% of companies offered low-salt or low-sugar versions of their products.
- 84% respondents declared that 81% to 100% of their personal care and hygiene product portfolio clearly displays product use.
- 61% of the CGF member companies donated nearly 93,000 tons of food to local food banks.
- Member companies partnered with over 550,000 schools on health and wellness initiatives.