Logistics & Distribution has been saved
Logistics & Distribution
Re-evaluate and optimize your Logistics and Distribution
Today’s world is undergoing rapid change. The pandemic and geopolitical situations have revealed how vulnerable global supply chains are and companies have scrambled to increase supply chain resilience and ensure capacity and availability. In addition, the end consumer has become more demanding. Next day delivery and free returns are becoming the standard, and yet products and logistics should also be sustainable. To stay ahead of the game, businesses recognize the need to update and refresh their logistical processes to effectively serve their clients and end-consumers.
To create a sustainable impact for your clients, an update of your strategy, design and / or transformation of different parts in your supply chain could be required to stay competitive. We as Deloitte, make a distinction between your customer requirements as well as your internal business requirements.
To be able to meet up with changing customer requirements, decisions are necessary on how to organize your supply chain and your distribution network. Typical questions which arise are:
- Do you want to open additional warehouse(s) to serve your customer with shorter lead times?
- Do you want to offer your customer the choice to send return via a 3PL, via a store, or both?
- Do you want to offer the choice of ordering today and delivering tomorrow?
- Do you want to offer more sustainable last mile distribution?
In addition to the growing and rapidly evolving challenge of meeting customer expectations, our Logistics and Distribution team can support you with continuously improving your supply chain, answering questions such as:
- Am I using the optimal mix of channels to serve my customers?
- Is my logistical organization set up in such a way that it fully supports my logistics strategy?
- Do my customers have different service requirements and expectations? Should I provide segmented services?
- Is my network tax-aligned and am I operating tax efficient product routings at a global scale?
- Is my technology backbone entirely fit for purpose?
- Do I want to operate my own warehousing and logistics, or do I want to outsource this to a 3PL?
These questions come to mind during the review of your supply chain. We offer a wide variety of logistics and distribution related services from strategy to optimization:
- Logistics Vision & Strategy to ensure a future proof competitive advantage
- Logistics Outsourcing & Partnerships to collaborate with your logistic partners in a way that it becomes a key differentiator
- Distribution Network Design to optimize your physical distribution network
- Warehouse Design & Implementation to integrate increasing complexity with opportunities for efficiency improvements through automation
- Transport Optimization & Transition to turn transportation into a competitive advantage
- Logistics Digital Strategy to grow towards a fully connected supply chain
- Logistics System Functional Design to define the business requirements your logistic systems need to support and translate them to an optimal process design
Deloitte can help you to accelerate your Logistics & Distribution strategy, design and transformations. By using a fact-based approach, and our years of experience we can help shape your future supply chain. Contact us to learn more about how we can support you to make your supply chain a differentiator instead of cost driver.