Performance magazine #28: Across three continents, Africa, Asia and Europe
Magazine for investment management professionals
True to form, our new edition is tailored to address new challenges and opportunities currently monopolizing the investment management industry, staying mindful of the ever-changing financial landscape. We invite you once again to join our Performance journey as we welcome this edition’s host country, India. Weaving your way through the pages, you will be greeted by topics including investment developments in India, details into the introduction of two landmark Swiss Financial Acts (FinSA and FinIA), not to forget our favorite buzzwords, Brexit, PRIIPS and MiFID, and much more.
Performance issue 28, January 2019
- In focus: Interview with Mr. Ashwini Agarwal (Portfolio Manager and Designated Partner of Ashmore India)
What lies ahead for the Indian investment market?
- Hot topic: Implementation of General Anti-Avoidance Rule in Indian tax law
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria
ESG: shaping the new normal for active managers
- Here comes “ESTER”: The new benchmark rate for euro transactions
Performance issue 27, September 2018
• Recent Dynamics of Private Securities Investment Funds in China
Shanghai becomes the number one choice for PSIF managers
• “Chinese-style" regulatory enforcement Essence and trajectory
Successful investment, whether on the part of domestic or foreign investors, requires a thorough understanding of the ongoing changes in the regulatory environment.
• Where finance meets industry
An interview with Dr. Zhang Qi, the Deputy CEO of Tsinghua Tongfang Financial Holdings.
• Equity bridge financing, Reaping the benefits of liquidity and flexibility
In the sophisticated world of private equity, what is the role of equity bridge financing, and how can it improve returns to investors?
• The EU benchmark Regulation: Users be cautious
• Green finance moving ahead to sustainable
The EU financial industry has taken this green initiative seriously but not yet made it a concrete regulatory requirement.
• Regulation as new standalone business line
• European hedge fund managers' views on their prime brokerage relationships
What are the challenges ahead?
Performance issue 26, May 2018
- Technology is here to help not hurt financial advisers
Interview with Eugene Maree, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Wealthport
- Automated financial advice in South Africa
- Unlocking the potential of the “Africa Rising” narrative through private equity
- An overview of the private funds industry in China
- The new era of delegate oversight
- Investment Management Risk: 2017 Deloitte Survey
Shedding light on South African risk management trends
- The evolution of the management company and third-party providers
- The impact of new technology on fund distribution in Europe
Insights from Pierre Davoust and fellow asset managers
Performance issue 25, January 2018
- Interview: The asset management Industry
Interview with Yves Perrier, Chief Executive Officer of Amundi and a member of the Executive Committee of Crédit Agricole.
- What has become of French boutiques?
French third-party managment: accompanying the "French boutiques" boom.
- A new world for real estate investors
As the world changes, progressive real estate asset managers are discovering new opportunities.
- Breathing a new life into investment taxation
The French Finance Bill 2018
- Insurance Distribution Directive
2018: a challenging year for the European insurance sector.
- Brexit bill
Could transitioning to a new structure create tax costs?
- International Investment Disclosure Trends
The dawn of the fully transparent era.
More information on investment management?
Do you want more information on investment management? Please visit our investment management website or contact Jan-Wouter Bloos, Evert van der Steen or Jubin Majlessi.