Performance magazine #29: Across three continents, Africa, Asia and Europe Bookmark has been added
Performance magazine #29: Across three continents, Africa, Asia and Europe
Magazine for investment management professionals
In this 29th edition, we welcome our host country Italy. Like the eponymous Italian visionary, Leonardo Da Vinci, our Italian colleagues focus strongly on innovation and the effects that AI and new technological solutions will have on the industry. Take time to rifle through the pages to discover articles ranging from sustainability, to opportunities to be had in the APAC region.
Go directly to
Performance issue 29, May 2019
- In focus: Rethinking reward strategies
How the changing landscape of asset management is affecting the reward and retention of the industry’s greatest resource – its people.
- Hot topic: Looking to the future
A review in the approach to implementing change and innovation is integral to the success of the Italian asset management industry.
- Focus on your strengths, white label the rest
- If you think investment managers have flown under the Australian Royal Commission radar, think again
Performance issue 28, January 2019
- In focus: Interview with Mr. Ashwini Agarwal (Portfolio Manager and Designated Partner of Ashmore India)
What lies ahead for the Indian investment market?
- Hot topic: Implementation of General Anti-Avoidance Rule in Indian tax law
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria
ESG: shaping the new normal for active managers
- Here comes “ESTER”: The new benchmark rate for euro transactions
Performance issue 27, September 2018
• Recent Dynamics of Private Securities Investment Funds in China
Shanghai becomes the number one choice for PSIF managers
• “Chinese-style" regulatory enforcement Essence and trajectory
Successful investment, whether on the part of domestic or foreign investors, requires a thorough understanding of the ongoing changes in the regulatory environment.
• Where finance meets industry
An interview with Dr. Zhang Qi, the Deputy CEO of Tsinghua Tongfang Financial Holdings.
• Equity bridge financing, Reaping the benefits of liquidity and flexibility
In the sophisticated world of private equity, what is the role of equity bridge financing, and how can it improve returns to investors?
• The EU benchmark Regulation: Users be cautious
• Green finance moving ahead to sustainable
The EU financial industry has taken this green initiative seriously but not yet made it a concrete regulatory requirement.
• Regulation as new standalone business line
• European hedge fund managers' views on their prime brokerage relationships
What are the challenges ahead?
Performance issue 26, May 2018
- Technology is here to help not hurt financial advisers
Interview with Eugene Maree, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Wealthport
- Automated financial advice in South Africa
- Unlocking the potential of the “Africa Rising” narrative through private equity
- An overview of the private funds industry in China
- The new era of delegate oversight
- Investment Management Risk: 2017 Deloitte Survey
Shedding light on South African risk management trends
- The evolution of the management company and third-party providers
- The impact of new technology on fund distribution in Europe
Insights from Pierre Davoust and fellow asset managers
More information on investment management?
Do you want more information on investment management? Please visit our investment management website or contact Jan-Wouter Bloos, Evert van der Steen or Jubin Majlessi.