Performance magazine #27: Across three continents, Africa, Asia and Europe
Magazine for investment management professionals
This magazine has compiled a harvest of information exploring new challenges and opportunities faced by the investment management industry in full consideration of the rapidly evolving market. We have continued our globetrotting trend, with this edition welcoming our host country China. As we sift our way through the pages and unpack the plethora of information awaiting, readers will touch upon subjects including Private Equity Bridge Financing, Private Securities Investment Funds in China, Chinese-style enforcement classification in regards to regulation, and much more.
Performance issue 27, September 2018
• Recent Dynamics of Private Securities Investment Funds in China
Shanghai becomes the number one choice for PSIF managers
• “Chinese-style" regulatory enforcement Essence and trajectory
Successful investment, whether on the part of domestic or foreign investors, requires a thorough understanding of the ongoing changes in the regulatory environment.
• Where finance meets industry
An interview with Dr. Zhang Qi, the Deputy CEO of Tsinghua Tongfang Financial Holdings.
• Equity bridge financing, Reaping the benefits of liquidity and flexibility
In the sophisticated world of private equity, what is the role of equity bridge financing, and how can it improve returns to investors?
• The EU benchmark Regulation: Users be cautious
• Green finance moving ahead to sustainable
The EU financial industry has taken this green initiative seriously but not yet made it a concrete regulatory requirement.
• Regulation as new standalone business line
• European hedge fund managers' views on their prime brokerage relationships
What are the challenges ahead?
Performance issue 26, May 2018
- Technology is here to help not hurt financial advisers
Interview with Eugene Maree, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Wealthport
- Automated financial advice in South Africa
- Unlocking the potential of the “Africa Rising” narrative through private equity
- An overview of the private funds industry in China
- The new era of delegate oversight
- Investment Management Risk: 2017 Deloitte Survey
Shedding light on South African risk management trends
- The evolution of the management company and third-party providers
- The impact of new technology on fund distribution in Europe
Insights from Pierre Davoust and fellow asset managers
Performance issue 25, January 2018
- Interview: The asset management Industry
Interview with Yves Perrier, Chief Executive Officer of Amundi and a member of the Executive Committee of Crédit Agricole.
- What has become of French boutiques?
French third-party managment: accompanying the "French boutiques" boom.
- A new world for real estate investors
As the world changes, progressive real estate asset managers are discovering new opportunities.
- Breathing a new life into investment taxation
The French Finance Bill 2018
- Insurance Distribution Directive
2018: a challenging year for the European insurance sector.
- Brexit bill
Could transitioning to a new structure create tax costs?
- International Investment Disclosure Trends
The dawn of the fully transparent era.
Performance issue 24, September 2017
- Interview: Infrastructure in Australia
Interview with Damien Frawley, Chief Executive at QIC
- Where do we go from here?
The maturation of operational due diligence of outsourced investment management in Australia
- Capturing the multi-trilliondollar asset management opportunity in Southeast Asia
A new way to generate alpha
- New risk
In a time of uncertainty and change
- Blockchain & Cybersecurity
- Investment fund distribution
How will innovative thinking in fund distribution create a competitive advantage?
- A more objective alternative for pension fund reporting
- Making Japanese M&A work for companies and investors
- Expecting a smooth evolution of AIFMD
More information on investment management?
Do you want more information on investment management? Please visit our investment management website or contact Jan-Wouter Bloos, Evert van der Steen or Jubin Majlessi.