Shaping the future: Strengthening industry-academia partnership
Bringing together academic leaders and industry in mutually beneficial and futuristic conversations, Deans Summit, under Deloitte’s University Relations, reinforces our commitment to the future workforce.
About Deans Summit
Deans Summit—a signature program under the ambit of Deloitte’s University Relations—is a prestigious annual event for deans and directors from premier institutes across India.
Under University Relations (UR), Deans Summit, as a platform, continues to bring in new ideas catering to current landscape changes and helps align talent to future workforce requirements of the businesses. Thinking ahead of the curve and realigning with the times are what keep us relevant, the spectrum of topics covered during this program year-on-year only reinforces our commitment to the future workforce.
From mutually beneficial conversations between business and academia, to bringing in innovation in our approach to engaging with alumni, all the while providing platforms for breakthrough conversations, the event has gained a reputation of bringing about a paradigm shift in thinking and actioning.
A network of over 250 academic leaders and their insights have enabled the UR team to publish thought ware that are relevant to all academia, industry, alumni and education regulators.
Thoughtful, insightful, engaging, intriguing, evolving and forward-looking, this UR program is designed to be mutually beneficial and futuristic.
The journey so far
With five successful years of disrupting the talent and education landscape of India, here’s a quick recap of this marquee program.
- Year one: Was focused on talent trends and trials with emphasis on digital education and preparing future talent
- Year two: Drove us to forge and leverage strategic relationships by fostering industry-academia collaboration
- Year three: Had thought leadership helping academicians build world class institutions
- Year four: Was focused around the theme “the greatest time to matter”
- Year five: Structured on the theme “Make your impact”, the summit focused on the future—future of work, future of education, and skills pertinent for future educators.
Deans Summit has been at the fore-front of experiential learning, breakthrough discussions, eminent thought wares, and digitization.
Latest edition: Deans Summit ‘Connected’
Amidst all the changes that the year 2020 brought along, the Higher Education sector saw a tectonic shift. To unite thought leaders across the academic world, especially in the face of the current unprecedented situation, Deloitte’s University Relations presented a virtual platform for ‘connectedness’ and ‘resilient leadership’.
Taking on the mantle from Deans Summit to evolve, engage and challenge the status quo, this year’s conversations for the Deans Summit ‘Connected’ series were aligned to Deloitte Global CEO, Punit Renjen’s response through his paper ‘The essence of resilient leadership: Business recovery from COVID-19’.
Through a virtual series of sessions, the conversations provided perspectives on ways for the Higher Education sector and academicians to deal with these uncertain times. As they navigate through different phases of this outbreak and work through the three-time frames of respond, recover, and thrive, Deans Summit ‘Connected’ set out to address critical shifts in actions and mindset that are required to navigate through academic uncertainties.
This year’s virtual series aimed to help build a robust foundation for post-COVID focus areas for academia.
- To understand the nuances of the changes driving our education and industry landscape in post-COVID times.
- For better preparedness to leverage opportunities and challenges that unfold in the new normal.
What is in it for the schools and the participants?
- To facilitate the further nurturing of our ties with these institutions and trigger discussions within these institutes beyond placements
- To enable conversations on opportunities in the new decade to advance higher education in India
- To channelize educational transformation by deliberation and exchange of knowledge and tools across recognized institutes
- To identify opportunities for greater synergy and collaboration between industry and academia across curriculum design, executive learning, and building thought leadership to make the future workforce industry-ready and innovation-ready
- To reimagine learning for enhancing the employability of the future workforce