Financial Institutions Group has been saved
Financial Institutions Group
Industry and market knowledge underpinning successful advice
Our financial services professionals give invaluable perspectives gained from a dedicated industry focus.
Deloitte’s Financial Institutions Group (‘FIG’) has a wealth of experience in providing corporate finance advisory, portfolio lead advisory services, balance sheet advisory and recovery & resolution advisory services, to a wide range of clients and investors across a number of geographies.
What sets FIG apart
Based in London, our team of dedicated financial services professionals operate internationally and are fully integrated with Deloitte’s network of more than 20,000 financial services specialists across EMEA and the globe, providing up-to-date and expert insights into tax, regulatory and general market changes.
Calibre and scale of the team
- Highly experienced senior team, comprising a diverse set of individuals from bulge bracket, boutique investment bank and Big Four advisory backgrounds.
- One of the largest FIG teams in the UK, with access to unrivalled resources within our broader financial services practice and across the firm.
Sector knowledge and insights
- Substantial knowledge of and experience in transacting in all financial services subsectors.
- Drawing on broader Deloitte platforms’ substantial expertise across all relevant disciplines.
Significant industry relationships
- Strong relationships with relevant market participants, both strategic and private capital.
- Numerous touchpoints and regular interaction to ensure we have access to the key decision makers.
- Current understanding of potential market entrants through coverage of entire FIG universe.
Unrivalled EMEA and international capability
- Operations on the ground across EMEA and globally.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in operating in relevant markets, including M&A, tax and regulation.
- Deloitte also has local presence, globally, with relationships across the European and global FIG sectors and the relevant private capital investor universe.
How Deloitte can help
Our FIG Corporate Finance team advises a wide range of clients across the financial services industry, including but not limited to international financial institutions, private equity houses, mid-market entrepreneurs, sovereign wealth funds and blue chip corporates.
We advise on a broad range of M&A and capital raising transactions. We are able to leverage the full capabilities of Deloitte’s financial services expertise, from strategy consulting to transaction services. Our FIG sector specialists have the expertise to execute complex M&A transactions across multiple geographies and in each of our subsector specialisms: Asset & Wealth Management, Banking & Specialty Finance, FinTech & Payments and Insurance.
For more information, visit our Corporate Finance Advisory page.
Our Portfolio Lead Advisory Services (‘PLAS’) team is a recognised leader and trusted name in the UK, European and global loan advisory market. We provide strategic and transaction advice to financial institutions, governments, regulatory authorities and private equity firms, specialising in providing solutions for non-core performing and non-performing exposures (NPE), credit management businesses (including carve-outs) and alternative finance platforms. Our team has an unrivalled access to global market participants and a strong track-record, having advised across the asset class spectrum (consumer, mortgages, CRE, SME, large corporates, shipping, aviation, ESG, etc.) covering over €500 billion of asset face-value since 2010.
Our advisory service offering broadly covers:
- Sell-side advisory: Full service transaction advisory to loan and credit platform owners, including asset & capital strategy, transaction preparation, pricing/structuring/analytics and deal execution.
- Buy-side advisory: Acquisition advisory support across all stages of the investment process, including loan due diligence, portfolio modelling and pricing, business plan preparation/analysis, investment committee support and deal strategy/negotiation.
- Strategy & solutions: Tailored advisory services including development and implementation of NPE deleveraging strategy; regulatory capital & portfolio optimisation, “bad bank” & AMC establishment, credit servicing strategy (including outsourcing) and lending platform wind-downs.
We work closely with colleagues across the firm, including notably, Banking Risk Advisory, Real Estate, Legal and Tax Advisory.
For more information, visit our Portfolio Lead Advisory Services page.
The Balance Sheet Advisory team provides global financial institutions with capital advisory services – across strategic forecasting, capital allocation advisory and resource optimisation at the group, subsidiary, and business line levels via both liability and asset solutions.
The team works in partnership with the FIG Corporate Finance and Portfolio Lead Advisory Services teams, and in close coordination with Risk Advisory, Debt Advisory, and Transaction Services, to provide a full advisory product suite to financial institutions, to strengthen their balance sheets and financial performance on a BAU basis and through transformational events.
For more information, visit our Balance Sheet Advisory page.
The Recovery & Resolution Advisory Services (‘R&R’) team advises a wide range of financial services clients and is recognised as a market-leader across the UK, and more widely in Europe and more globally. The team has a distinguished position as trusted advisor to major financial institutions and is a preferred supplier to central banks and resolution authorities.
We provide specialist advice, supporting the financial stability of banks and financial services firms, particularly around regulatory expectations alongside broader strategic solutions for our clients. The team also supports clients through periods of financial stress from recovery through to resolution.
Our team has an immense wealth of knowledge and practical experience in the resolvability of banks and accompanying regulation, having worked actively in this area for over ten years.
For more information, visit our Recovery & Resolution Advisory Services page.