Deloitte Private Emerging Growth Webcast Series has been saved
Deloitte Private Emerging Growth Webcast Series
A free webinar series for Founders and CxOs of high growth businesses and the UK investor community
The Deloitte Private Emerging Growth team hosts a monthly webcast series for Founders & CxOs of ambitious scale-ups and private businesses. Joined by a variety of Deloitte subject matter experts, we share insights and practical considerations on how the high growth community can navigate challenges the sector faces.
1. COVID-19: High Growth Companies Update
Deloitte subject matter experts discussed how the UK private tech sector could begin to navigate the immediate challenges posed by COVID-19. They covered topics such as:
- Reward and employment law
- Government financing
- Tax and VAT considerations
2. Operational Resilience in High Growth Firms
Deloitte subject matter experts share how the UK high growth, tech-enabled sector can address and navigate operational risk, both now, and in the coming months.
We were also delighted to be joined by Richard Caven of Amazon Web Services (AWS), who provided an overview on what operational resilience means at AWS and how high growth, tech-enabled businesses can achieve operational resilience when using AWS Cloud.
3. People and the Workplace: Practical and legal considerations on preparing for the next phase of the pandemic
How can companies can begin to prepare for the ‘recovery’ phase of the crisis? With a specific focus on people and the workforce, our team of experts from across the business discussed:
- Updates to the Government’s COVID-19 response (e.g. The Future Fund, BCR grants, etc.)
- The future of work
- The tax and legal implications of returning to work
We were also joined by Tushar Agarwal, CEO and Co-founder of HubbleHQ. Tushar shared his perspectives on current trends and future predictions for the office real estate market.
4. Growth Opportunities as We Emerge from Lockdown
As we adapt to new ways of working, remote selling, remote workforces and distributed supply chains look set to stay. But what barriers are there to maintaining growth in the new world and how should businesses organise themselves to optimise for growth long term? Deloitte subject matter experts share insights around:
- Business models
- Growth vectors: organic vs alliances/ partnerships vs strategic M&A
- A case study for growth – panel discussion on the structural and tax implications for increasingly distributed business models
Delighted to have also been joined by the founder of one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe - Moteefe – who shared his perspectives on managing a distributed supply chain, and how his business has navigated the crisis.
5. The IP Story – why it is important and can generate value on exit
The recent crisis has shown the resilience of high growth businesses and market appetite for investing in high IP businesses has remained buoyant. With that in mind, we hosted this interactive panel session webinar, to consider the importance of having an IP story.
In this webcast, we discuss:
- Why IP matters to high growth businesses
- IP Story: How building an IP story and strategy helps not just the day-to-day business, but can have significant impacts on fund raises and exit events
- A case study for growth: exploring real life IP problems and opportunities
Also delighted to have been joined by Gareth Jones, VP of Intellectual Property at BenevolentAI. BenevolentAI is one of the fastest growing UK unicorns and is a leading developer of artificial intelligence and computational medicine technologies intended to change the way drugs are designed, developed, tested and brought to market.
6. The Future of Finance: Financing UK Business through and beyond COVID 19 with Alex Brazier, Bank of England
As we move through COVID-19 and look to the future, UK entrepreneurs and businesses need to find strategic finance solutions for the medium to longer term, beyond the current crisis. This is critical for long-term economic growth across the UK.
In this webinar, we discuss how the UK can respond to COVID-19 and build on what is already in place and expand or realign current plans. This will include consideration of both Growth Capital and the role of FinTech.
Matt Henderson, UK Head of High Growth joined an all-star speaker line-up including Alex Brazier, Executive Director for Financial Stability Strategy and Risk, Bank of England, Charlotte Crosswell, CEO, Innovate Finance and Irene Graham, CEO, ScaleUp Institute.
7. SPACs – The Alternative IPO: What are they, do you need one and how to undertake a successful SPAC listing
SPAC’s or Special Purpose Acquisition Companies have hit the headlines in 2020 raising more than £50bn – the highest amount on record and nearly half of all US initial public offerings this year. Alongside direct listings and traditional IPOs, SPACs are now becoming a discussion point in any board room when considering taking a company public.
In this webcast, we share share practical considerations on the challenges and complexities that need to be navigated when undertaking a SPAC.
We were joined by guest speakers Adam Kostyál, Senior Vice President of NASDAQ, and Benjamin Vedrenne-Cloquet, Co-Founder of Edtechx Holdings, the world’s first Ed-tech SPAC, to share their experiences and insights as part of an interactive panel.
8. UK IPO Masterclass
As global economies emerge from lockdown, and businesses are looking to capitalise on the post-pandemic economic recovery, we ran this masterclass event to explore the respective processes and considerations for an IPO in the UK.
In the 90-minute session, we were joined by Deloitte subject matter specialists and selected external panellists – including the London Stock Exchange and a CFO from a recently listed business – to provide insight into the key aspects of the listing process and what to expect as a public listed company.
Topics covered include:
- What investors are looking for;
- Preparing a company to IPO;
- Managing the IPO process; and
- Life as a listed company.