Value creation services
Sharp, focused delivery
Our Value creation services are predicated on the rapid identification, planning, and implementation of prioritized performance improvement initiatives that will improve cash and enhance profits.
Our longstanding and deep Private Equity (PE) relationships and strong track record are predicated on deploying proven PE techniques and tools to rapidly identify, quantify and deliver value across the entire value chain. Deployment of our approach means that we are sharply focused at driving results that unlock cash and enhance profits. Value creation services are also tailored to the type of situation at hand, such as acquisitions, divestments, transformations, or turnarounds.
Activist investors are a force to be reckoned with. Explore the pre-emptive actions can demonstrate that management is listening to shareholders and is taking measures to achieve superior results.
This Financier Worldwide article looks at the rising level of activity in carve-outs sold to Private Equity firms and what these firms need to consider when assessing an acquisition.
In times of radical change in the automotive value chain, proactive transformation helps suppliers secure their position in the market while also identifying potential areas for action with a direct impact on profit & loss, the balance sheet and cash flow.
Before and after an M&A event there is one-time opportunity to build an enhanced VALUE CREATION plan that the new owners can use to deliver incremental value
- Work with the purchaser of a new asset to identify incremental profit improvement and/or synergies with post deal delivery including integration/carve out support
- Pre-deal assessment with thevendor of an asset to identify incremental benefits, offset dis-synergies and enhance the sale price
- Extensive transaction experience
- A buyer’s perspective to the sell-side and separation
- An ability to draw on a wide range of related specialisms, e.g. complex programme/ cultural change/ technology implementation support
- Hypothesis led Private Equity lens and insight
- Enhanced cash management /working capital focus and finance transformation
- Programme management including carve-out and/or integration support
Unleashing existing businesses by framing performance using VALUE CREATION methodologies and mindsets, leading to a step change in profitability
- For management seeking a new perspective on profit improvement of existing business units
- Total value chain to focussed activities
- Need for external “Transformation Director” (TD)
- Strong track record in benefits delivery of large scale and complex transformations
- Private Equity rigour, challenge and quantitative focus
- Broad specialisms framed by VALUE CREATION methodologies, pace and prioritisation
- Hypothesis led Private Equity lens and insight
- Zero-based budgeting challenge to revenue and costs (supply chain, sales, marketing, opex)
- Situation and industry specialists
- Analytics for data-rich environments and opportunities
- PMO and robust benefits tracking framework
- Specific CFO and TD services and support
Applying VALUE CREATION techniques and focus on under-performing companies or divisions radically improves outcomes
- For management or owners of a distressed business seeking radical changes to performance and crisis management
- Management with an underperforming division or unit requiring turnaround
- Expertise in crisis scenarios including Interim Management and stakeholder management
- Depth of business planning, operational restructuring and liquidity management expertise
- Subsequent support available for strategic restructuring and exit options
- Specific Executive support including CFO and CRO services, finance and reporting tools
- Enhanced cash/ liquidity management, working capital and cost-out focus
- Growth, optimization, transformation and exit option analysis to assess risk and rewards
- Asset rationalisation
- Contingency planning in distress cases, debt advisory
Value Creation is a Full Service Offering across the entire Deal Cycle
Large regional player acquired by multinational corporate. Post acquisition VCP delivering planned EBITDA uplift >100%. Focus on commercial, operations, WC and tax
PE owned €500m+ turnover pan European glass packaging manufacturer:
- €20m operational savings
- €19m cash release
PE £1bn+ turnover services business
- £15m+ of revenue, cost and cash opportunities identified and planned
Before and after an M&A event there is one-time opportunity to build an enhanced VALUE CREATION plan that the new owners can use to deliver incremental value.
PE owned €1.1bn turnover business:
- Identified opportunities to improve working capital to sales % from 16% to 11%
End-to-end improvements adapting customer relationships with a multinational
- €130m-€200m profit improvement and €250m WC identified
Deployed new operating model
- €160m EBITA improvement through revenue enhancement and cost reduction
Unleashing existing businesses by framing performance using VALUE CREATION methodologies and mindsets, leading to a step change in profitability.
Severe competitor pressure which local management could not respond to Successful turnaround of business enhancing valuation by multiples of $100m
Turnaround plan for $100m turnover business focusing on commercial, operations and working capital
Appointed CRO to stabilise business and prepare turnaround plan as part of $25bn debt restructuring
Applying VALUE CREATION techniques and focus on under-performing companies or divisions radically improves outcomes.