Mobile Viewing FAQ
Dbriefs attendees can view live and archived webcasts from mobile devices such as Apple and Android Smartphones and tablets. The Dbriefs console runs on the device's built-in browser and displays a toolbar which enables the viewer to easily switch between slides, Q&A, and media streams. Viewers can also respond to polls and complete surveys. CPE credit for live webcasts is available to those attendees that meet the eligibility requirements.
What are the minimum technical specifications required for mobile devices to view Dbriefs?
The following requirements may exceed your current system configuration, however, these specifications are recommended in order to provide an optimal viewing experience:
- Android Devices with OS 4.0+ do not require a Flash Player, Webkit or Chrome browser (Native browser only)
- Apple iPhone 4+ and iPad – iOS 5.0+, Safari browser (*Latest version, native (Safari) browser only)
- Windows phones do not support Dbriefs.
- If you are running an unsupported version of an operating system or browser software, you may experience difficulty viewing the webcast.
Is a Wi-Fi connection required?
Wi-Fi is not required, though it is highly recommended.
Are any downloads/apps required to view a webcast on a mobile device?
No. The system will detect the device and deliver the webcast using the built-in web browser.
Can the CPE certificate and slides be saved using a mobile device?
Yes – for PDFs, iOS devices will have the PDF display in the browser. From there you have the option of saving it in any app that can accommodate it (Google Drive, Evernote, Books, etc.). Android devices have a downloads area and the PDF will download directly there. Note, it may not display unless you go into the download area and open the PDF file.
Will a phone call interrupt my live webcast experience? If so, those minutes counted toward CPE?
Yes – phone calls on your mobile device will interrupt your webcast experience. Your attendance time however will not be interrupted, so your minutes continue to accumulate while you’re on the phone. When your phone conversation ends, you may have to manually press the play button on the browser to resume the webcast. This can vary per device.
How do I clear the cache on the iPhone or iPad?
Clearing the cache will help resolve most technical issues.
- Go to "Settings."
- Select "Safari,"
- Click "Clear Cache."
How do I clear the cache on an Android?
- Open the Browser and then hit the Menu key
- Click on the "More Options" button.
- Click on "Settings."
- Hit "Clear cache."
- You'll then be presented with a verification menu. Hit "Okay" or "Clear cache" again (depending on the version of your phone) to complete the process.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.