Russian Telecom Market 2014
We are delighted to announce the third forthcoming issue of the Mobile Consumer Survey for Russia. It is part of an international survey that was rolled out by Deloitte across 22 countries from May 2014 to June 2014. We have surveyed 37,000, including 2,000 Russians (urban consumers aged 18 to 75).
No one would probably argue that telecom networks now cover almost every consumer in the market. Constantly-evolving technology and services impact consumer behaviour and preferences, meaning that telecom businesses have to adapt their strategy and mobile services to the new reality.
The Mobile Consumer Survey highlights events and offers an insight into key trends in the Russian mobile user market for 2014. Here are the key findings of the survey:
- 66% of respondents use smartphones 1
- 17% of respondents use 4G smartphones 2
- 9% of mobile users are planning to purchase a smartwatch this year 3
- 23% of phones used as main phone is is represented by B brands 4
- 38% of smartphone users did not download any smartphone apps in the previous month 5
- 56% of smartphone users do not buy any mobile apps 6
- 64% of smartphone users did not purchase any content last month 7
- 39% of mobile subscribers have never changed their carriers 8
- 35% of mobile users start using their phones within the first 5 minutes after they wake up 9
- 20% is the penetration of IM among subscribers 10
- 59% of users say they would use their devices for making payments in-store 11
We are planning to issue detailed report of the survey results in the next several months.