Deloitte’s response to COVID-19
We understand that the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 are evolving at a rapid pace, and that as new information becomes available, our clients and business partners are dealing with pressures to both be proactive and react accordingly. We want to communicate directly about the steps Deloitte Canada is taking right now to manage the business impacts of COVID-19. Our top priority always is to look after our people, our clients, and the communities we serve.
As the situation evolves, our operations, processes and procedures will adapt to address the changing needs of our people and our clients – and we will continue to communicate those fundamental changes to you. We also ask that you feel empowered to openly communicate to us about your needs and preferences during this time, so that we can best serve you.
As of today, these are the actions the firm is taking to address COVID-19 impacts:
- Effective March 17: We require all of our employees across Canada & Chile to work fully remote, with few exceptions being made for critical business infrastructure and client engagements
- In order to comply with public health guidance on social distancing, work on client sites will be assessed on a case-by-case basis at the Executive Leadership level with an eye to protect our people and communities.
Supporting our clients remotely and in the event of business disruption:
- While Deloitte has plans in place to promote continuity of operations in the event of a threat or impact to Deloitte people and systems, we do understand that COVID-19 will likely result in some changes to our day-to-day operations. We will continue to communicate changes to our business operations or capacity to support to you, directly through prompt and transparent communication.
- We have implemented remote work arrangements for our employees and client teams to enable them to continue to serve clients with the least disruption possible.
Meetings and large events:
- We are cancelling all Deloitte-hosted events until May 15. These events may be rescheduled to a later date or delivered virtually.
- Taking a virtual approach to meetings – many of you are asking your workforce not to attend large meetings, and asking Deloitte to make other arrangements than to have our staff on site. As a result, we will focus on virtual meetings with you to accommodate your needs.
- We have cancelled all international travel. Domestic travel has been cancelled except in rare cases, to be approved at the Executive Leadership level
Educating and supporting our people to do what’s best for them, your people and those around them:
- We are using the heightened awareness of COVID-19 to remind all of our people on appropriate infection protection and control behaviours.
- As per the Government of Canada guidelines, any employee returning from international travel must self-isolate for 14 days.
- Looking for more information about Deloitte’s Pandemic Preparedness planning – please reach out to Chris Lee, Vice Chair, email@example.com, 1(403)267-1751
- For COVID-19 support and advisory services and more on how your organization can prepare, respond and recover – please reach out to Marc Perron, Chief Client Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(514)393-5464
Additional insights related to combatting COVID-19 with resilience can be found here:
Coronavirus impact highlights the need to transform traditional supply chain models
Strategies for avoiding a cash crunch in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak