The fork in the road: why choose Deloitte?
By Tanya Bhaskar
Campus Recruitment Coordinator
There are many reasons why recent graduates choose to jump start their career at Deloitte – great benefits, ample opportunities for growth and development, international opportunities, the chance to work on incredible projects with the best and brightest people, and more.
Choosing the right employer is a hot topic that often comes up in conversation when we’re on campus getting to know amazing students from coast to coast. So we sat down with 10 recent campus recruits to ask, “Why did you choose to build your career with Deloitte?”
- The firm’s dedication to creating an environment where inclusion, diversity and corporate social responsibility are top priorities.
– Hayley Dwyer, Marketing Delivery Services, University of South Carolina
- The culture. Through all of my interactions, I knew Deloitte was a place I’d be happy. Now as a summer student, I feel connected to the firm and its culture.
– Monica Matow, Financial Advisory, Financial Analyst, Western University
- To be a part of a global network that provides limitless opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
– Anthony Barbaro, Audit, Staff Accountant, Concordia University
- The camaraderie. Although we work on different teams and different engagements, we are all one Deloitte team.
– Elliott Simpson, Strategy and Operations - Public Sector Transformation, HEC Paris
- Deloitte is very diverse. Even in the same department, I meet people with drastically different backgrounds every day.
– Brent Li, Enterprise Risk Services, Analyst, University of Toronto
- Deloitte values students who aren’t afraid to try new things and are excited to learn.
– Rose Trenker, Internal Client Services, Canadian International Office Analyst, Wilfrid Laurier University
- The breadth of work. As an intern, I’m exposed to the impact of the Canadian and world economies and get to work on cases involving lawyers, the government, investment bankers and even CEOs.
– Michael Lopes, Financial Advisory, Analyst, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Its reputation. As a highly regarded professional services firm, Deloitte is a name that is recognized on a global scale.
– Adam Higa, Technology, Strategy and Architecture - Digital, Business Technology Analyst, Western University
- The opportunity for growth and development, not only within the specific functions but across the firm as a whole.
– Michele Armour, Talent, Recruitment Coordinator, Georgian College
- New graduate opportunities. They recognize that students have the ability to grow and bring depth to the firm right out of university.
– Tanya Bhaskar, Talent, Campus Recruitment Coordinator, Western University
Tanya Bhaskar is a recent graduate from Western University who studied Management and Organizational Studies with a specialization in Human Resources. Tanya is a summer intern with the Talent team at Deloitte Canada.