2020 Ontario automotive consumer study
A glimpse at the post-pandemic road ahead
The COVID-19 pandemic is reshaping nearly every facet of our day-to-day lives, and transportation—from driving and purchasing vehicles to ride-hailing and public transportation—is no exception. In an effort to trace this change, we surveyed Ontario consumers to understand how their attitudes and behaviours may be shifting in light of COVID-19.
The findings highlight some key trends taking shape across the following areas, and provide useful insights for dealers as they prepare to navigate the road ahead:
- How is COVID-19 affecting consumer behaviour in Ontario?
- What do consumers expect from dealers going forward?
- What about new business models, such as subscriptions?
- Issue in focus: Vehicle electrification
- Issue in focus: Perspectives on mass transit and ride-hailing