Treasury and commodity risk advisory
Knowledge you can bank on
Deloitte offers a wide range of specialized treasury and commodity risk management services across numerous industries. Our professionals bring hands-on experience and global industry insights, addressing today’s challenges while enabling your future.
How we can help:
Treasury risk management services
Even today’s most advanced treasury departments are facing the challenges of navigating an uncertain and volatile industry environment. A treasury team’s job of protecting company cash has become even more difficult. Deloitte’s dedicated treasury advisory team offers a wide spectrum of solutions, catering to a treasury’s specific requirements in managing, protecting, and tracing their cash flows. We work with treasurers, chief financial officers, and chief information officers, helping them address key risks and challenges facing their treasury organizations. We can offer deep industry experience that guides leading practices across the entire breadth of services a treasury team needs.
Core treasury services
- Risk policy, design and review of governance and controls framework
- Capability maturity assessments
- Forex, interest rate risk management
- Cash and liquidity management
- Investment and debt management
- Operating model transformation
- Working capital optimization
- Bank strategy and rationalization
More than 200 companies from around the globe, across all industries, and revenue groups, participated in this biennial survey.
Key insights from the survey include:
- Liquidity risk management and being a stewardship of financial risk management remain the most important mandates for a chief financial offer.
- Inadequate treasury systems infrastructure grew from 30% to 47% over the past two years.
- Visibility of data is now the most challenging area for treasury, up from the second highest challenge in 2017.
- The pace of technology adoption by respondents is directly linked to their awareness and implementation of new technologies in order to stay ahead in their industry.
- The extent to which technology can be used to achieve scalability, reduce cost, and gain a competitive advantage is not yet fully appreciated. Brexit concerns and the adoption of various international financial reporting standards requirements are cited as the main regulatory challenges facing treasurers.
Commodity risk management services
Commodities marketing and trading have entered a new era of sophistication and scale. Changing global economic conditions are impacting local markets. International trading houses—whether in energy, metals or soft commodities—are extending their reach and scope. Logistical constraints, disputes, and cyberattacks are disrupting supply chains. All these factors have created exciting opportunities for the commodities industry, but they also come with new risks which need to be monitored and managed. If you’re someone who relies on commodities—like a producer, marketer, miner, refiner, or even a utility or consumer business—the ability to visualize and utilize data amid volatility and fierce competition is a key component for success.
Our commodity marketing, trading, and risk management practice provide a range of consultative services. We help our clients develop and maintain sustainable governance, compliance, and risk management programs across their people, process, and technology. We serve a wide range of companies participating in physical and/or financial markets with commodity, operational, and regulatory risk exposure.
Deloitte rated No. 1 for corporate treasury consulting
ALM Intelligence has named Deloitte as a global leader in corporate treasury consulting. Key findings from ALMs Corporate Treasury Consulting 2017 report include:
- “Deloitte has gone furthest in putting the corporate treasury into a broader client company context, looking not just at treasury functions, but at the treasury from the CFO perspective.”
- “Deloitte’s vision for the corporate treasury is among the most progressive in terms of focusing on treasury's role in company strategy and its ability to help the CFO fulfill his/her agenda.”
- “Deloitte triangulates between treasurers, the CFO, and the board, moving between the minutiae of treasury functionality and the growth strategy of the CFO and board…to help treasurers become the catalyst for company goals their company needs them to be.”
- No. 1 in client impact
- No. 1 in depth of services
- No. 2 in breadth of services
Source: Corporate Treasury Consulting 2017, ALM