Joyce Lee, K.C.
Deloitte Legal Canada LLP
Joyce Lee is a partner at Deloitte Legal Canada LLP.
Her practice involves tax advice and planning including private and public corporate tax planning, corporate reorganizations, personal and estate tax planning, domestic and offshore trust planning, advising charitable organizations and advising on federal tax issues, including voluntary disclosures, net worth assessments and audit strategy. Her practice is focused on Canadian tax issues involving Asia-Pacific clients.
Joyce was admitted to the Law Society of British Columbia in 1996 after receiving her Bachelor of Laws from the University of Manitoba in 1995 and her Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English literature in 1992. She has completed the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) In-Depth Tax Course (parts I, II and III).
A regular speaker on tax-related matters, Joyce has presented on Important Developments in Addressing Canadian Tax Disputes, Ins and Outs of Doing Business in China and Canada-Hong Kong Tax Treaty. Joyce speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Memberships and professional affiliations:
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Editorial Board of STEP INSIDE
- Hong Kong-Canada Business Association (Past Director)
- Asian Planned Gift Sub-Committee, BC's Children Hospital Foundation (Past Chair)
- Little Flower Academy Foundation (Trustee)
- Dean's Advisory Committee for the Centre for Asian Legal Studies