Graduate Jobs / Career Start
Career Start Programme: Take off with an employer that supports your ambitions
Are you a recent graduate or student who is ready to make a genuine impact in the real world? Join one of our graduate programmes and let us introduce you to the world of audit, risk advisory, tax, consulting, or financial advisory services. We’re looking for your ideas, unique perspectives and personal strengths. With the help of our many experts, you will quickly grow and develop, even beyond your job. We want you to be your best, true to your purpose, and passionate about what you do – so we can achieve great things together. Learn more about how to launch your career with us today.
Regardless of their background and the direction their career will take them, our juniors share several characteristics: flexibility, curiosity and commitment, to name a few. From day one, we provide our graduate hires and trainees with every opportunity to gain experience and take on responsibility. You’ll get the chance to hit the ground running by working in international, interdisciplinary teams and developing solutions for the most complex challenges our clients send our way. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skillsets further with every project. And if you join Deloitte, you won’t have to do this on your own – you can always rely on guidance and support from our mentors.
We know that no career path is the same and that your goals can change over time, which is why we offer you opportunities to network and work with different business disciplines throughout Switzerland in the Deloitte network. The flexibility we expect from you is the same flexibility you can expect of us – so you can grow exactly the way you want.
Learn while you grow
Our Career Start Programme gives you the chance to dive straight into the business world, use your knowledge and skills, and become part of a unique culture. You will learn how to lead at every level and grow your network and skills.
Each of our juniors is assigned a buddy and a coach from day one to support them in all their concerns – from getting to know the company to making crucial career decisions:
- Your buddy is the person who serves as your first point of contact for all your questions and concerns. They help you find your way around the company, get to know your team and launch into your everyday work.
- Your coach will help you with everything concerning your career. They’re there for you if you are uncertain or unclear about your career path and will give you advice when it comes to making career decisions. Your coach will give you feedback and help you steer your career in a direction where you can be successful and fulfilled.
“Build your network of cool people and grow your skills.”
Daniel Zürcher, Consultant, Strategy, Analytics, and M&A
We need your passion and drive
Our junior programmes are suitable for all graduates have between one and two years of work experience – including internships. This is what we expect from you:
- excellent Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree
- excellent command of English, German and/or French, with additional languages being an advantage
- open, communicative team player
- driven, motivated and inquisitive attitude
- ability to think analytically and take a structured approach to work
A place to connect and grow
At the same time, you can expect a lot from us – after all, we want to offer you the best possible environment to set you up for success in the world of work:
- learn from like-minded peers and inspiring leaders from around the globe in a dynamic, open and collaborative environment
- exciting challenges and varied client projects
- rewards for outstanding performance
- opportunity to travel and/or work abroad for some time and to take on responsibility from an early stage
- competitive salary
- training to become an auditor or tax expert, courses to obtain certifications – we make sure you receive the necessary time and financial support
Like all our people, you will enjoy flexible working arrangements, including the possibility to work part-time or remotely when not at client-site, buy additional holidays and other attractive benefits.
Sounds interesting? It is. Check out our graduate opportunities and jobs and apply for a junior position right here.
Find out more from our graduate hires:
Attending the YOUNext Mentoring Programme felt like coming home. The people I work with are such a gift. I had a fantastic mentor, who helped me launch my career. My problem-solving mind-set, teamwork and project management skills as well as my industry knowledge have proven very important during all of my time at Deloitte. I have witnessed first-hand how the value we add, the way we look at problems with a different eye, and through the lens of our combined experience change outcomes for our clients beyond what I could have imagined. Knowing that we play a vital part in the bigger picture where we‘re making a real difference for clients excites me the most.
Consultant, Technology Strategy and Transformation
Thanks to my participation in Deloitte’s Jump Start program and the internship opportunity that resulted from that, I could not only prototype working at Deloitte but further strengthen my network within the firm. Now with my career start, I already have a network that comes with many exciting possibilities. Deloitte gives me a place to grow and be myself while doing so. I get to work with cool people with lots of energy: The people I have worked with at Deloitte are genuinely inclusive team players with different backgrounds who share an output-driven work culture. Working on projects is a lot of fun when also the manager shares the same kind of humour (fun team events and drinks included).
Consultant, Strategy, Analytics, and M&A