Higher growth rates back on the horizon
Deloitte CFO Survey - Autumn 2016 Results
Swiss CFOs’ expectations for the Swiss economy have improved significantly this quarter. CFOs are also more optimistic about the prospects for their own company. Pressure on margins persists, however, and the economic and financial environment remains uncertain.
Brighter outlook for the Swiss economy and for companies
- Swiss CFOs’ expectations for the Swiss economy have improved significantly this quarter: 45% rate the outlook as positive, 14 percentage points more than in the summer 2016 Survey.
- CFOs are also more optimistic about the prospects for their own company, with 53% rating them as positive compared with just 12% rating them negative.
Corporate indicators improve, but pressure on margins persists
- Almost two-thirds of CFOs expect revenues to increase over the next 12 months, while around 40% expect higher capital expenditure and increases in the number of employees.
- Pressure on margins persists, however, with more CFOs expecting margins to decrease than to increase (31% as against 24%).
External risks continue to dominate
- As in previous surveys, external risks are a particular cause for concern.
- CFOs most frequently cite the strength of the Swiss Franc, geopolitical risks and the regulatory environment. Other perceived risks include Switzerland’s monetary policy and the interest rate environment.
The Deloitte CFO Survey Switzerland
About the CFO Survey
The survey comprises 20 questions which recur each quarter and around 10 questions unique to the financial conditions of the previous quarter. This allows us to provide you with both specific feedback on the market conditions relevant to the previous quarter, as well as ongoing trend analysis regarding how financial conditions are evolving and how your peers are reacting to them.
The CFO Survey brings the views of CFOs to a wide audience in the media and among policy makers and is a valuable benchmark for Swiss business leaders.
Explore the data
Download the PDF to access all the historical data series from the Deloitte CFO Survey since Q3 2009. Please feel free to use any of the data series in your documents or presentations.