Brighter horizons, but concerns remain
Deloitte CFO Survey - Spring 2017 Results
The economic and business outlook continues to improve, but CFOs remain uncertain about some areas. They rate the prospects both for the Swiss economy and for their own company as positive. However, political risk overshadows a generally optimistic outlook.
Further improvement in economic and corporate prospects, but pressure on margins
- The mood among Swiss CFOs continues to improve: for the eighth successive quarter, their rating of the country’s economic prospects is more positive than in the preceding quarter. 65% now rate the prospects for the Swiss economy over the next 12 months as positive, compared with just 7% who rate them as negative
- The picture for company prospects mirrors that for Switzerland’s economic prospects: two-thirds of CFOs are optimistic and one in ten is pessimistic.
- Nonetheless, expectations for margins and investments are down on the preceding quarter.
Focus on political uncertainty
- Uncertainty and risks remain, particularly political risks. 60% of CFOs rate the level of political uncertainty in the US as high. Significantly more CFOs also rate uncertainty in the UK, France and Italy as high compared to those who consider it low.
CFOs bank on modern technologies
- CFOs are increasingly putting their faith in digitalising their company’s finance function, primarily to improve processes and bring down costs.
- The most frequently deployed solutions are cloud computing and specific applications.
- In future, the focus will also be on in-memory computing and robotic process automation.
The Deloitte CFO Survey Switzerland
About the CFO Survey
The survey comprises 20 questions which recur each quarter and around 10 questions unique to the financial conditions of the previous quarter. This allows us to provide you with both specific feedback on the market conditions relevant to the previous quarter, as well as ongoing trend analysis regarding how financial conditions are evolving and how your peers are reacting to them.
The CFO Survey brings the views of CFOs to a wide audience in the media and among policy makers and is a valuable benchmark for Swiss business leaders.
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Winter 2016
A positive outlook for 2017
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Autumn 2016
Higher growth rates back on the horizon
- The Deloitte CFO Survey: 2016 Q2
External environment dominates CFOs’ concerns
- The Deloitte CFO Survey: 2016 Q1
CFOs see a brighter outlook
- The Deloitte CFO Survey: 2015 Q4
Uncertainty overshadows outlook for 2016
- The Deloitte CFO Survey: 2015 Q3
Signs of recovery?
Explore the data
Download the PDF to access all the historical data series from the Deloitte CFO Survey since Q3 2009. Please feel free to use any of the data series in your documents or presentations.