A positive outlook for 2017
Deloitte CFO Survey - Winter 2016 Results
Despite a challenging external environment, the winter 2016 Survey shows that Swiss CFOs are more optimistic in their expectations both for the Swiss economy and for their own company. Companies are planning to increase investment and see opportunities for expansion and digitalisation in 2017.
Ongoing improvement in prospects for the Swiss economy and for companies
- Swiss CFOs’ expectations for the economy have continued to improve this quarter: 50% rate the prospects for the country’s economy as positive and only 7% as negative.
- The improvement in the outlook for companies is even more marked: 64% of CFOs rate their company’s prospects as positive as against just 9% who rate them as negative.
- One company in two expects to see an increase in new investments over the next 12 months.
- Expectations for operating margins have also improved, with a small majority of CFOs now expecting margins to increase.
- Uncertainty in the economic and financial environment has remained high since Q1 2015, with CFOs perceiving a range of mostly external risks.
- The most commonly cited risk this quarter is geopolitical risk, which is still perceived as representing a greater risk than the strong Swiss Franc and declining domestic demand.
Companies plan expansion and innovation despite a difficult environment
- Despite a difficult external environment, companies are actively planning to expand both geographically and into new markets.
- The introduction of new products, innovation and digitalisation are also frequently cited as opportunities for 2017.
The Deloitte CFO Survey Switzerland
About the CFO Survey
The survey comprises 20 questions which recur each quarter and around 10 questions unique to the financial conditions of the previous quarter. This allows us to provide you with both specific feedback on the market conditions relevant to the previous quarter, as well as ongoing trend analysis regarding how financial conditions are evolving and how your peers are reacting to them.
The CFO Survey brings the views of CFOs to a wide audience in the media and among policy makers and is a valuable benchmark for Swiss business leaders.
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Autumn 2016
Higher growth rates back on the horizon
- The Deloitte CFO Survey: 2016 Q2
External environment dominates CFOs’ concerns
- The Deloitte CFO Survey: 2016 Q1
CFOs see a brighter outlook
- The Deloitte CFO Survey: 2015 Q4
Uncertainty overshadows outlook for 2016
- The Deloitte CFO Survey: 2015 Q3
Signs of recovery?
Explore the data
Download the PDF to access all the historical data series from the Deloitte CFO Survey since Q3 2009. Please feel free to use any of the data series in your documents or presentations.