Deloitte CFO Survey - First half-year 2018
Summer in Switzerland: a mini-boom, negative interest rates and skills shortages
- Download the CFO Survey
- Swiss CFO Survey results
- European CFO Survey results
- Watch the video
- Swiss & European CFO summary
Results of the Swiss and the European surveys
The outlook for Swiss companies is good: optimism among CFOs is at its highest since the CFO Survey was first conducted in autumn 2009. Expectations for both revenues and operating margins are positive, and most CFOs also expect investment to increase, although they are a little less optimistic about growth in employee numbers.
European CFO Survey results
- The findings of the CFO Survey in 19 other European countries also paint a positive picture: European economic recovery continues in 2018. While CFOs are slightly less optimistic than in autumn 2017 about the outlook for their companies, they remain positive.
- Across Europe, expectations for revenues and operating margins continue to improve, and expectations for investment and employee numbers are also positive.
- The European averages conceal some marked differences between individual countries. France emerges as one of the most optimistic countries on most indicators and the United Kingdom as one of the most pessimistic.
European CFO Survey - Spring 2018
Swiss & European CFO summary
Explore the Swiss data
Download the PDF to access all the historical data series from the Deloitte CFO Survey since Q3 2009. Please feel free to use any of the data series in your documents or presentations.
About the CFO Survey
The survey comprises 20 questions which recur each quarter and around 10 questions unique to the financial conditions of the previous quarter. This allows us to provide you with both specific feedback on the market conditions relevant to the previous quarter, as well as ongoing trend analysis regarding how financial conditions are evolving and how your peers are reacting to them.
The CFO Survey brings the views of CFOs to a wide audience in the media and among policy makers and is a valuable benchmark for Swiss business leaders.
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Autumn 2017
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Summer 2017
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Spring 2017
Brighter horizons, but concerns remain
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Winter 2016
A positive outlook for 2017
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Autumn 2016
Higher growth rates back on the horizon