Deloitte CFO Survey - Second half-year 2018
Is the boom over?
- Download the CFO Survey
- Swiss CFO Survey results
- European CFO Survey results
- Swiss & European CFO summary
Results of the Swiss and the European surveys
Good, but worse: Swiss CFOs have less optimistic expectations for the Swiss economy for the first time in more than three years. This provides food for thought not least by looking at the international context with looming international tensions and the strong Swiss franc. The skills shortage continues in Switzerland and in many European countries.
Swiss CFO Survey results
European CFO Survey results
- Expectations for all corporate indicators have fallen by double figures compared to the last survey. Less so in Switzerland than for the European average.
- Perceived uncertainty is on the increase, particularly in the UK and Turkey. However, CFO’s in Switzerland estimate uncertainty to be slightly lower than before.
- Risk appetite is declining on average by 20 percentage points across Europe, resulting in the cautious Swiss CFO’s to now rank second in their willingness to take risks among all participating countries.
European CFOExplore the results
Financial outlook for companies across Europe
Net balance indicating how CFOs rate their company's financial prospects compared with three months ago; results for selected European countries.
Swiss & European CFO summary
Explore the Swiss data
Download the PDF to access all the historical data series from the Deloitte CFO Survey since Q3 2009. Please feel free to use any of the data series in your documents or presentations.
About the CFO Survey
The survey comprises 20 questions which recur each half-year and around 10 questions unique to the financial conditions of the previous half-year. This allows us to provide you with both specific feedback on the market conditions relevant to the previous half-year, as well as ongoing trend analysis regarding how financial conditions are evolving and how your peers are reacting to them.
The CFO Survey brings the views of CFOs to a wide audience in the media and among policy makers and is a valuable benchmark for Swiss business leaders.
- Deloitte CFO Survey - First half-year 2018
Summer in Switzerland: a mini-boom, negative interest rates and skills shortages
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Autumn 2017
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Summer 2017
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Spring 2017
Brighter horizons, but concerns remain
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Winter 2016
A positive outlook for 2017
- The Deloitte CFO Survey Autumn 2016
Higher growth rates back on the horizon