Global Workforce Management
Multinational companies face significant challenges in managing effectively the increasing number of employees who travel between markets. These include:
- Misalignment of global mobility programme with core business and talent strategies
- Inability to assess the effectiveness of their mobility programme through data and insights
- Poor use of technology solutions to manage their mobile workforce
What we hear from our clients:
- Compliance - “Are all our moves compliant? What about our business travellers and commuters?” / “We have a lot of back-to-back assignments – how do I assess whether a GEC would be right for us?”
- Operations - “We are struggling with the many different country payrolls, and are regularly correcting mistakes.”
- Strategy - “How can I improve the link between Global Mobility and Talent?” / “How do I manage assignee wellbeing while they are on assignment?”
The Deloitte approach to Global Workforce Advisory seeks to align the client's mobility programme with its business and talent strategies, ensure the effectiveness of talent mobility, and provide technology solutions to help manage a diverse globally-mobile workforce.
Client case study
Client/Industry: A major Swiss-parented financial services organisation.
Challenge: To deliver a tax compliance and assignment management service delivery model utilising technology to support business transformation.
Solution: Careful consideration of alternative service models. Selection and implementation of a business partnership with our external technology partner to deliver a mobility proposition that will bring added value through a unique combination of technology and tax services.
Outcome/impact: The resulting service delivery model will allow our client to transform their mobility service delivery model in line with their business requirements, whilst benefiting from leading technology and best-in-class implementation and tax compliance support from Deloitte.