Our Business Integrity team provides support to clients in areas such as corporate criminal liability, compliance programmes, whistleblowing, corporate governance, internal/forensic investigations, international sanctions regulation, and more.
In the area of criminal law, we provide a full range of legal services to corporate clients, focusing generally on economic crime and corporate criminal liability. When representing clients in criminal proceedings, we cooperate with renowned law firms in the field of criminal law, as well as independent attorneys.
How can we help you?
- Implementation and/or revision of the compliance programme in accordance with the Supreme Prosecutor General’s Office methodology and ISO standards, provision of regular training for employees and management, drafting and/or revision of internal regulations, and setting up of relevant processes.
- Investigation of suspected illegal activities in the company, provision of comprehensive forensic services, and analysis of the obtained data. Our internal investigation services and our entire legal and forensic team are covered by attorney-client privilege.
- Assisting in setting up an ethical (whistleblowing) tool for receiving reports of the violations of internal or legal regulations in the company, implementing internal whistleblowing guidelines, assessing the substantiation of reports, and assisting in internal investigations.
- Assistance in inspections carried out by various state authorities (dawn raids) on-site or remotely, related representation in negotiations with the state authorities, advice, and representation of the company in criminal and administrative proceedings.
- Evaluating the company’s potential risks from a compliance and corporate governance perspective in accordance with legal regulations and best practices using our Governance and Compliance Screening tool, helping to identify key areas that need to be addressed in terms of legal and liability risks, helping to mitigate identified risks.
- Advising on European Union sanctions and other restrictive measures against Russia and Belarus in connection with the Russian aggression in Ukraine in cooperation with customs and risk management experts.