Organisations that do not know where their risks lie and how to mitigate them may face fines.
Despite adequate risk assessments being key to fulfilling the supervisory authorities’ accountability requirements and expectations, many businesses have not yet conducted a full risk assessment of their systems and processing activities.
As a result, businesses typically experience several challenges:
- Gaps in understanding what the most high-risk processing activities in a business are;
- A lack of mitigation of high-risk processing activities;
- The potential risk of regulatory non-compliance due to a lack of accountability in processing as a result of insufficient risk assessments and documentation;
- A lack of data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) or gaps in necessary DPIAs - another regulatory requirement of the GDPR;
- Data subjects' rights may unknowingly be infringed due to a lack of overview of processing activities.
Our Privacy Team understands how these challenges can affect your business and is able to provide services to close these gaps and increase the understanding within your organisation as to where the risks lie and how to best mitigate them. We specialise in risk mitigation and can provide you with an assessment of the technical and legal implications.
Deloitte is able to offer a proven method to ensure that your organisation has an in-depth understanding of data privacy risks throughout operations.
For a greater understanding of risks within your business relating to personal data processing, please contact our team today.
We have gained extensive legal and technical expertise through hundreds of privacy assessments made in Denmark and abroad for businesses just like yours.