We help organizations predict, detect and respond to the risks and vulnerabilities that come from fraud, corruption and bribery, litigation, financial mismanagement or other unethical behavior. In addition, we advise our clients on limiting and mitigating damages and risks, and we help to investigate and correct situations caused by misconducts and other unethical behavior. We help organizations protect their key assets: reputation and brand.
We conduct versatile preventive engagements to manage and minimize the risks of fraud and other misconducts. Simultaneously, we help our clients build trust between organizations and the market and develop the reliability of organizations.
- Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption – ABAC
- Know your clients and third parties
- Integrity Due Diligence (IDD) Services
- Fraud risk assessment and management
- Ethics and Compliance programs
How can we help?
We have in-depth experience assisting clients with turning critical and complex issues into opportunities for resilience and long-term advantage and thus, we can help you with the challenges your organization faces. Each assignment is always carefully tailored according to the client’s wishes and goals.
Forensic Advisory includes, among other things, the following
Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption – ABAC
We assist our clients to predict and manage the risks and challenges related to bribery and corruption in a rapidly changing global business and regulatory environment.
We typically help our client with, for example, the following:
- Maturity and readiness assessments related to bribery and corruption
- Creating and developing ABAC operating and management models as well as internal guidelines and policies
- Risk assessments and GAP-analysis
- Creating and maintaining ABAC risk management framework
- Conducting third-party reviews focused on bribery and corruption
- We carry out third-party reviews focusing on bribery and corruption
- We conduct investigations related to bribery and corruption nationally and internationally
- We provide versatile training on the prevention of bribery and corruption and support in the implementation of organizations' internal guidelines and policies
Know your clients and third parties
We help our clients evaluate the reliability of third parties locally and internationally. In this way, we strive to ensure that our customers make the right decisions to protect their reputation, brands and brands.
In business, reputation and trust are crucial. Do you know who you do business with? Do you have sufficient and up-to-date information about your business partners and other third parties who are part of your organization's network?
Today, organizations are increasingly interacting with complex supply chains and other supplier arrangements. Cross-border activities, for example, in a country with a high risk of corruption place high demands on the reliability of business partners.
Integrity Due Diligence (IDD) Services
In our integrity due diligence (IDD) service, we carry out background checks in the focus areas and within the scope chosen by our client. We focus on reviewing e.g. the background and activities of the business, the ownership structure, any other corporate affiliations of the business partner or its representatives, or the sanctions and PEP (politically exposed person) representation.
Deloitte's global integrity due diligence team consists of more than 250 experts from around the world. Our experts are fluent in more than 85 languages and have extensive experience in conducting in-depth and detailed background checks for various organizations.
The focus areas and scopes of each background check are carefully reviewed with the client before starting the assignment. We use our professional expertise and experience to determine the best possible research content in order to meet the client’s goals.
Fraud risk assessment and management
We help our customers to prepare for fraud risks and to minimize the damage caused by misconduct.
We help our clients, among other things, to:
- Identify and map organizational fraud risks in business processes
- Assess the organization’s current maturity and readiness to respond to fraud
- Implement a risk management framework
- Develop internal controls by identifying key controls in business processes and creating new controls
- Train the staff in a versatile manner in the prevention and management of fraud
Ethics and Compliance programs
We assist our clients in building and developing the organization's ethics & compliance program. A well-functioning compliance program helps management to ensure that the organization operates appropriately, both in terms of legislation and ethical practices.
Maturity and readiness assessments
We help our clients to carry out maturity and readiness assessments on the prevention and management of fraud or bribery and corruption. The purpose of the maturity and readiness assessment is to identify the current state of the organization, the risks associated with it and the measures by which the company's operations can be further developed. In principle, the assessment is carried out by using international frameworks. For example, in an international M&A transaction, we can assess the maturity of the target's compliance & ethics practices, or the guidelines and measures related to the prevention of bribery and corruption by utilizing the requirements and guidelines of the UK Bribery Act, FCPA or other relevant legislation.