Attorney at Law (Japan, New York State)
DT Legal Japan, Head of Osaka Office
Yodoyabashi Mitsui Building,
4-1-1 Imabashi, Chuo-ku
Hiroaki Kakihira’s main areas of practice encompass broad range of legal matters, with particular emphasis on matters relating to various financial institutions and has rich experience on finance practice.
He works in all sectors including real estate industries and focuses on dispute resolution and conflict prevention with his experience of representation in hundreds of legal procedures.
He also advises in relation to corporate restructuring including cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
He is focusing on:
- Advising financial institutions on variety of financing and regulations
- Representing clients in legal procedures including preliminary injunction, litigation and enforcement for debt collection
- M&A, Corporate Restructuring, Capital Policy, Buy-out Finance
- Real estate (construction, lease, brokerage, securitization, boundary line, etc.)
- Employment adjustment (representing corporates)
- Advising on doing business overseas (in South East Asia, Europe, U.S, etc)
- Civil and family cases
Osaka Bar Association (2008),
Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association (2020)
New York State Bar (2018)
2008-2019 Chuo Sogo Law Office P.C., (2018- Partner)
2016-2017 Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP (as registered foreign lawyer, currently inactive), legal secondee
2020-Present DT Legal Japan
2007 Kyoto University Faculty of Law
2016 Fordham Law School (LL.M)
English and Japanese