DT Legal Japan, Attorney-at-law
3-3-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku
Kai advises clients on a wide range of corporate transactions, particularly reorganization and financial transactions. He has also worked at a Malaysian law firm and a major insurance company, and has accumulated substantial experience advising cross-border transactions and financial regulatory matters.
His recent experience includes:
- Advising on multi-national corporate restructuring, cross-border M&As and establishment of joint ventures in emerging countries
- Advising on securities regulations regarding listed /non-listed shares, investment schemes, and capital market transactions
- Advising on regulations regarding banking, securities and insurance laws in connection with establishment of new business, reorganization, and business expansion
1996 - 2004 Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.
2008 - 2015 Nagashima Ohno &Tsunematsu
2014 - 2015 Zaid Ibrahim & Co (Malaysia: secondment)
2015 - 2017 EY Law Co.
2017 - Present DT Legal Japan
Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association (2008-2013, 2015)
New York Bar (2015)
University of Tokyo Faculty of Law (LL. B.) (1996)
University of Tokyo Graduate Schools for Law and Politics (J.D.) (2007)
University of Virginia School of Law (LL.M.) (2014)
- Audit practice of corporate auditors in credit unions and credit cooperatives, Keizai Horei Kenkyukai (supervising editor, 2017)
- Legal, accounting and taxation regarding capital strategy – analysis by each method, Chuo Keizaisha (co-author, 2016)
- Expansion of English-Language Disclosure Rules, International Financial Law Review, September 2012
- Foreign Investment Regulations: Invitation to Invest, 2012 Guide to Japan, 10th Ed. (Supplement to International Financial Law Review), April 2012 (co-author)
Japanese and English