We are committed to providing a safe learning environment in close cooperation with the location(s). All of our services are carried out in accordance with the applicable measures as determined by RIVM. For on-site training the number of participants per training is limited, taking into account the capacity of the rooms so that keeping sufficient distance (minimum of 1.5 meters) is guaranteed. Participants of the training are requested to adhere to the prescribed hygiene measures at site. Also, we request you to stay home if you have a cold and/or when members of your household have a fever.
During the 3 days of training you will learn what cyber threat intelligence is and how to use it as a force multiplier – You will learn how to perform qualitative analysis focusing on how to interpret and understand data within the right context, writing and selecting data for different audiences (strategic, operational, tactical) and the difference between data, information and intelligence, as well as intelligence frameworks, attribution, intrusion sets and indicators. The course is filled with practical exercises to introduce you to the world of cyber threat intelligence and to bring you quickly up to speed or to refresh existing knowledge.
The course is designed for professionals in the Cyber and/or Risk practice that are looking to strengthen their expertise in the field of Cyber Threat Intelligence. Emphasis in this course is given to the challenges of how Cyber Threat Intelligence can be utilized in an effective manner while in a corporate environment.
Participants will be required to participate actively in all sessions and to provide useful feedback to their peers. No strong technical background is required.
Participants should have affinity with Cyber Security and a clear desire to understand how to CTI in their daily efforts or their organisation.
- Defining Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Deep dive into how to apply the intelligence cycle for Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Setting up the Cyber Threat Intelligence program
- Setting up intelligence requirements
- Collection efforts; Social Media Intelligence (SOCMINT), Dark Web Fora, Human Intelligence, Vendors, Internal Sources and Tooling
- Analytical techniques and relevant frameworks & knowledgebases
- Creation of Intelligence products, language and writing
- Dissemination and sharing mechanisms & metrics
- Setting up your Cyber Threat Intelligence team
- And many more fun stuff..
The course will be given in English or Dutch, depending on the participants preferred language. The course material is in English.
24/25/26 January 2022 | Classroom | 09.00 AM - 17.00 PM
- Intrusion Analysis: 2 day course providing you a thorough introduction to how to perform intrusion analysis effectively. Our 3 day introduction course does not contain detailed modules regarding intrusion analysis, these are delivered separately and together with our international team. This training module emphasizes how to effectively analyze intrusions, integrate them in your workflow and share our tips and tricks.
- Data link analysis with Maltego: 2 day course providing you a thorough introduction with this powerful open-source intelligence tool to easily gather data and perform link analysis. This training module will focus on the basics of this tool, tips, tricks as well as some practical exercises.
- Custom training programs: Obviously no intelligence team is the same. Each team is unique in terms of what specific knowledge they poses and want to improve on. We get that. To enable this, we also provide tailored training programs fitting your exact needs. Please contact Martijn Docters van Leeuwen or Karel de Zoete for more information.
Deloitte Academy is a training institute accredited by several organizations.
For more information about our accreditation, please refer to our Education hours page.
Until four weeks before the start of the course you may cancel your participation by email free of charge. Should you cancel within four weeks before the start of the course you will have to pay the full course fee.
Deloitte Academy reserves the right to cancel a course if circumstances dictate. You will be informed of this as soon as possible.
For more information about our Terms and Conditions, please refer to our FAQ page.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Phone number: 088-288 93 33
Karel de Zoete
Within Deloitte Cyber Risk Services I’m focusing on Strategy, Risk Management and Transformations. I have a previous background in the banking and financial services industry, as well as public sector. My personal interest within Deloitte lies within the more “covert side” of security, red teaming exercises, social engineering, phishing and finding innovative ways how to increase resilience through targeted awareness campaigns. I’m experienced in extensive and complex multi-tiered security engagements, resilience assessments and cyber threat intelligence.
Martijn Docters van Leeuwen
I am a senior threat intelligence professional with over 11 years of experience in financial services and 14 years in Dutch military. I am able to effectively translate subject matter intelligence expertise to strategical levels and act as a linking pin between boards and basement. I am still active in the Military as a reserve and in the weekends I can be found next to a Ruby pitch somewhere in the Netherlands and I am managing the under 15 Rugby Club Eemland teams.