Equity Capital Markets – Winter Update 2022 has been saved
Equity Capital Markets – Winter Update 2022
A bright year for European ECM markets
Welcome to our winter 2022 Equity Capital Markets update, ‘A bright year for European ECM markets’. The winter 2022 edition covers stock market performance, equity issuance and European CFO survey; and hot topics on ESG in IPO’s and Executive Remuneration for recent Dutch IPOs (SPACs and regular IPOs)
- Global Equities rallied in 2021 despite certain headwinds amid a prolonged pandemic.
- The emergence of the highly infectious Covid-19 variants led to a spikes in equity market volatility. Nonetheless, strong corporate earnings and the prospect of further potential earnings growth outweighed risk factors.
- In 2021 there were 1,271 ECM deals worth €217bn, of which 401 were IPOs with companies raising c.€75bn in 2021. This amount clearly exceeds the €21bn which was raised via IPOs in the entirety of 2020
- Technology and Financial companies being the most active sectors, raising 28% and 19% of the IPO volume in 2021.
- the Dutch IPO market excelled with 23 companies making their debut in the Dutch Main Market, of which 16 SPAC IPO’s.
About the team
The Deloitte ECM team comprises professionals from our Audit, Financial Advisory and Tax businesses with varied backgrounds including accounting, law and investment banking to provide a multi-disciplinary service model.
The team offers a wide variety of services including Audit related services, Independent Adviser, advising public companies in relation to M&A, providing executive remuneration and tax advice and both Readiness and Assist services to prepare for and to support an IPO.
We hope you will find this ECM update both valuable and interesting. Please do get in touch if we can be of assistance.