Portuguese Real Estate Investment Survey - 4th edition 2018
Keep on doing great
The Portuguese Real Estate Investment Survey aims to analyse the real estate market’s development in Portugal, the key investment strategies used by the players and the major trends of this business.
The 4th edition of 2018 highlights the investment, which will continue to be a priority for real estate in Portugal in 2019 mainly in the hospitality and office sectors.
Key findings of this edition:
- Globally, the investment strategy (77%) continues to be the primary choice of players on real estate sector;
- In the last 12 months, 46% of the respondents made acquisitions up to €25M and other 46% more than 50M€, mainly in the portuguese market;
- Value added investments (31%) are perceived as the preferred investment strategy. Major players (38%) foresee to increase their portfolio by more than 10%;
- Banks (62%) continue to be the main business feeders of real estate acquisitions. Capital sources arise mainly form Europe (85%);
- Core and opportunistic deals (31% each) will be the main target of further divestment. 31% of respondents aim to reduce their portfolio by more than 10%;
- Pension Funds (62%) are identified as the main real estate purchasers. Capital sources arise mainly from Europe (92%);
- Noteworthly is the greater stability in volume and transaction prices in retail / services and hotel sectors as well as a greater stability in profitability rates in the four sectors under analysis.
Additionally, you will be able to analyse the evolution of the sector throughout the year 2018 through the edition Outlook 2018, which compiles all the publications of the Portuguese Real Estate Investment Survey last year.