With the experience and ability to deliver around the globe and the innovative application of technology, we offer a range of highly efficient compliance solutions.
Businesses operating in multiple jurisdictions face tremendous challenges in keeping pace with each jurisdiction’s indirect tax laws and an array of compliance and reporting requirements.
We have proven experience in helping clients establish and managing their local, regional as well as global indirect tax compliance. We have local experts in more than 150 countries and a network of specialist compliance and reporting partners and teams experienced in delivering complex global compliance services.
Our services include:
Recurring compliance services
• Preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat and other indirect tax returns;
• Review of compliance data and quality checks;
• Assistance with tax audits and compliance related questions raised by the tax authorities;
• Fiscal representation services
Indirect Tax Recovery
Usually the process of recovering the local and foreign VAT implies the following services:
• Participate at discussions with tax inspectors;
• Assistance in gathering documents and drafting the explanations requested by the tax authorities;
• Drafting appeal letters.
Indirect tax management and compliance automation
• D.Tax - a dedicated program designed for the automation of recurring Romanian VAT compliance reporting obligations;
• Deloitte Smart: Deloitte’s VAT reporting engine integrated with 3rd party solutions;
Compliance related (advisory) services
• VAT registrations and de-registrations;
• Co-ordination of insourcing, outsourcing, co-sourcing of international indirect tax compliance;
• Review of invoicing requirements, VAT rates, etc.;
• Transaction and invoice flow mappings;
• Shared service center design, compliance model implementation
Post-merger compliance integration services
• Strategic review of current and post-merger organizational structure, resourcing levels, technology, tax reporting cycle and stakeholders;
• Strategic VAT advice, guidance and assistance with post-merger integration;
Indirect tax compliance risk reviews
• Strategic review of current organizational structure, resourcing levels, technology, tax reporting cycle and both internal and external stakeholders;
Indirect tax compliance training and knowledge management
• Design and implement tailored training programs;
• Develop training courses on VAT regulations;
• Legislative updates.
Government relations support
• Support clients with engaging/liaising with government authorities;
• Strategic advice, guidance and assistance with local VAT audits by tax authorities.
Other indirect tax compliance requirements
• Other local taxes, such as environmental taxes, energy taxes, local statistical reporting requirements, etc.