North America Technology Fast 500™: Eligibility Requirements
Technology Fast 500
Technology Fast 500 provides a ranking of the fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology companies in North America. This ranking is compiled from nominations submitted directly to the Technology Fast 500 website, and public company database research conducted by Deloitte Services LP.
- Technology Fast 500 award winners for 2013 are determined based on percentage fiscal year revenue growth from 2008 to 2012. Percentage revenue growth is computed as: [(FY'2012 revenue – FY'2008 revenue) / FY'2008 revenue ] x 100
- The Fast 500 ranking discloses percentage revenue growth. Revenue is not disclosed, however, participants are required to provide revenue support to Deloitte.
- Private companies must self nominate as well as public companies traded via over–the-counter exchanges by completing the private company nomination form.
- Public companies listed on the NYSE, NASDAQ or AMEX stock exchanges are encouraged to complete the public company nomination form, or check with the National Fast 500 team, via E-mail Fast500@deloitte.com, to confirm their inclusion in the research/nomination process.
In order to be eligible for Technology Fast 500 recognition, companies must:
- Be in business for a minimum of five years (on or prior to December 31, 2007).
- Be headquartered within North America. Subsidiaries or divisions are not eligible unless they have some public ownership and are separately traded. Companies that are acquired prior to the finalization of the list are not eligible to participate.
- Base-year (fiscal year 2008) operating revenues of at least $50,000 USD or CD, and current-year (fiscal year 2012) operating revenues of at least $5 million USD or CD.
- Own proprietary intellectual property or proprietary technology and it must be sold to customers in products that contribute to a majority of the company's operating revenues. Using other companies' proprietary technology or intellectual property in a unique way does not satisfy this requirement. Consulting companies, professional service firms, resellers, and others are not eligible unless a majority (greater than 50%) of the company’s operating revenues is derived from product sales that incorporate the company’s proprietary technology, exclusive of related service revenue.
Information regarding required supporting documentation for revenue amounts and proprietary technology can be found here:
Fast 500 Connections
- Contact us via E-mail: email@example.com
- Sign up for our Fast 500 E-mails to receive our announcements and latest information