Taking it to the next level
University Relations (UR) was created to foster mutually beneficial and enhanced relationships with select strategic universities to better enable hiring of the best talent, collaborate to conduct leadership talks and education sessions on campus and help in shaping the curriculum with them.
Deans Summit—a signature program under the ambit of Deloitte’s University Relations has been a prestigious annual event for deans and directors from premier institutes across India.
With six successful years of disrupting the talent and education landscape of India, here’s a quick recap of this marquee program.
- Year one: Was focused on talent trends and trials with emphasis on digital education and preparing future talent
- Year two: Drove us to forge and leverage strategic relationships by fostering industry-academia collaboration
- Year three: Had thought leadership helping academicians build world class institutions
- Year four: Was focused around the theme “the greatest time to matter”
- Year five: Structured on the theme “Make your impact”, the summit focused on the future—future of work, future of education, and skills pertinent for future educators
- Year six: Presented a virtual platform for ‘connectedness’ and ‘resilient leadership’
Deans Summit has been at the forefront of experiential learning, breakthrough discussions, eminent thought wares, and digitization. Year-on-year, we have included inspirational storytellers to the speaker group.
Empowered Educators is a leadership development program targeted at campus directors and deans to help them leverage core Deloitte practices that can bring about innovative reforms in the curricula and become better administrators. As knowledgeable administrators and visionaries, directors or deans can influence other educators to meet the real-world needs of business and create a ripple effect by reaching thousands of students. The program enables the campus directors to develop their personal brand and hone their ability to influence and build followership, and to build strong peer-to-peer professional networks.
With two years running, here’s a recap of the program so far:
- Year one: The sessions were based on the curriculum that is a part of Deloitte’s leadership development courses. It included brand and eminence, industry insight, identifying opportunities for collaboration, and sourcing channels.
- Year two: Was structured around the theme “Make your impact”, where conversations were centered around ‘Designing a learning ecosystem for Industry 4.0’