Family OfficeAchieving ambition. Managing risk. Leaving a legacy.
Helping to solve your most complex family office and private wealth issues
Our multi-disciplinary family office and high net worth team has extensive experience in working with families to achieve their objectives, implement their wealth strategies both in the UK and around the world, and establish long-term structures fit for the future.
Tailored services for family offices
Our aim is to address the fundamental questions and achieve clarity around your priorities, wants and needs in order to help define and execute an effective strategy that preserves the family’s wealth and legacy into the future.
We aim to support family offices through a number of tailored services.
It is vital that a family office is equipped to deliver the family’s vision and that the objectives of the family and their family office are aligned.
- Design and build of family offices
- Strategy formation and review
- Governance and operational structure
- Design of reward structures
- Review of existing family office operations
Preserving the family’s assets and reputation are a key responsibility of the family and family office and nowhere more so than in the area of tax. Recent developments in the way tax affairs are scrutinised globally have fundamentally changed the landscape in which families and their family offices must operate.
- Asset and jurisdiction mapping
- Tax strategy
- Audit readiness
- Resolution of disputes with global tax authorities
How do you know that what you think you have is actually what you have?
We provide statutory and non-statutory audit services to support families and family office executives by providing an independent view on the completeness and accuracy of accounting records, and the valuation of the wealth of the family or family office.
In addition to this, we also perform the following:
- Physical asset verification
- Internal audit support
- Operational assurance reviews - looking at the control environment, governance, investment process and IT - amongst other things depending on the needs of the family office
- Hard to value asset verifications and independent valuations
- Investment valuation governance support and best practice recommendations
- Investment due diligence
In today’s world, families are increasingly mobile, often based in multiple jurisdictions and travelling extensively. This drives the need to understand their tax position and immigration status, and to ensure that family wealth structures are fit for purpose.
- Multi-jurisdiction tax advice on relocation of family members
- Global tax reporting
- Cross-border reporting and information exchange
- Developing wealth structures to cater for the needs of global families
- Immigration support including visas and citizenship applications
An effective family office will implement an investment strategy which manages the balance between the desire for long-term wealth preservation, the income needs of the family and the objectives of the current generation.
- Strategic advice regarding investment strategy objectives
- Identification of potential investment opportunities
- 'Hands-on' transaction execution
- Commercial, financial and tax due diligence, and tax advice on structuring of any investment
- Debt and capital advisory services
Whether it’s the financing of an office acquisition, investing in a global real estate fund, or structuring the development of retail and residential mixed-use assets, we care about all our investors’ issues – from those of the ultimate beneficial owner to the bricks and mortar.
Cyber has become a top business risk with targeted data breaches and ransomware attacks on the rise. Latest statistics indicate that family offices are becoming more attractive targets for and more frequent victims of cyber-attacks.
We have developed a catalogue of cyber and technology risk services designed to strengthen family offices’ cyber security posture, including:
- Risk Assessment: Understanding your risk exposure
- Security Strategy: Developing your security approach
- Security Awareness: Growing your people’s ‘security muscles’
- Resilience and Recovery: Preparing for potential breaches
Only by understanding what is important to a family and their current and future needs can a family define and execute a clear strategy that preserves wealth across generations and ensures that personal and financial objectives are met.
- Succession planning
- Next generation education
- Estate planning and wealth structures for long-term wealth preservation
As with a family’s investments, it is vitally important to have a strategic approach to philanthropic endeavours in order to maximise value and impact.
- Design of the philanthropic structure to meet the family’s requirements
- Ongoing tax advice to maximise value