Crisis Management Services
Be prepared and come out stronger
Crises often have unforeseen impacts that can jeopardize the critical assets, reputation, and financial standing of an organization or community. Deloitte’s crisis management services help our clients prepare to lead and navigate so they may anticipate and react with confidence.
- Effective crisis response
- Crisis management solutions
- Watch the video
- A crisis of confidence
- Related services
Watch a replay of our recent Dbriefs webcast Effective crisis response: Stacking the deck in your favor. For most companies, it is a matter of when a crisis will occur, not if. Crisis response preparations are important, but what actions can companies take during an event to mitigate damage and preserve stakeholder trust and confidence?
Learn about time-tested approaches to crisis response and how companies can adapt them.
Crisis management services
The next crisis that could threaten your organization may already be taking shape, putting your reputation and business at risk. Catastrophic events—whether in the cyber, physical, or financial realm—can evolve quickly, testing the mettle of even the most experienced leaders.
Deloitte’s crisis management solutions provide resilience and disaster management services to public and private sector clients, helping them sense, prepare for, respond to, and recover from major adverse events. Our professionals have experience across all phases of the crisis management life cycle, including strategy, governance, financial and regulatory compliance, business intelligence and data analytics, capital projects and infrastructure oversight, housing recovery, and employee outreach.
So we can help you go into any crisis prepared and come out stronger.
- Business continuity management. Policies, methods, and tools that help leaders prepare, coordinate, and respond to major disruptions to maintain critical business operations.
- Crisis simulation and wargaming. An interactive technique that immerses participants in a simulated crisis scenario to help evaluate an organization’s response effectiveness and preparedness.
- Real-time response. Experienced crisis leaders, combined with operations, finance, technology, and regulatory specialists, ready to deploy within hours of a crisis to support a client’s crisis command center.
- 24/7 monitoring. Around-the-clock tracking and analysis of multiple sources of data, which can be integrated with a client’s proprietary data, to provide real-time situational awareness.
- Crisis communications. Ongoing assistance to preempt reputation threats, provide guidance for stakeholder outreach, and control messaging by navigating both social and traditional media.
- Grants management. People, processes, and technologies that support proposal, disbursement, accounting, and programmatic compliance efforts related to financial grants stemming from natural disasters or other events.
How Deloitte can help
Our experienced crisis management services leaders, combined with the full breadth of our capabilities, can assist you in preparing for and recovering from mega events.
Our risk specialists, equipped with leading-edge tools and services, can help you spot, assess, manage, and prepare for risks that have the potential to disrupt your enterprise’s business strategy.Get started today
Deloitte Center for Crisis Management
A crisis of confidence
Awareness of threats isn’t the same as true preparation. More than three-quarters (76 percent) of surveyed board members believe their companies would respond effectively if a crisis struck tomorrow. But less than half (49 percent) of their companies have taken steps to be truly crisis-ready.
Deloitte’s global survey report, “A crisis of confidence,” examines the gap between real and perceived crisis readiness in the eyes of board members and the large companies they direct. Respondents offer their insights and concerns about crisis risks and their companies’ level of crisis preparedness maturity.
The report discusses:
- Board members’ confidence in their organizations’ crisis-related abilities
- Perceived vulnerabilities and companies’ efforts to address them
- The role of the board before, during, and immediately after a crisis—what to ask and do
- Practical steps to advance on the journey from crisis awareness to crisis readiness