Capitalizing on the consumer industry trends
M&A advisory services empowering companies to thrive in competitive markets
With the customer choices changing rapidly, consumer businesses are required to pivot constantly. In this dynamic and fiercely competitive landscape of the consumer industry, M&A advisory services can become a catalyst for growth. Explore how Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC (DCF) offers deep transaction experience and knowledge in core segments within the broader consumer industry to help companies close successful M&A deals.
Our Consumer & Retail Products and Services group provides a broad range of M&A advisory services customized to our clients’ needs, identifying strategies to help achieve shareholder objectives. Our deep industry and transaction experience across food and beverage, franchised and company-operated multi-unit enterprises, health and wellness, pet, and consumer services sectors help clients maximize their outcomes in a competitive process.
Who we are
Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC (DCF) is an active adviser to middle-market companies exploring transformational capital events. Our seasoned industry leaders offer deep transaction experience and knowledge in core segments within the broader consumer industry, helping enable us to provide tailored solutions based on each client’s unique needs. Through ongoing dialogue with a global network of strategic players and financial sponsors, DCF has established strong industry relationships that provide key insights into the transaction appetite within the investor universe. We believe our hands-on, client-focused approach to M&A, coupled with our specialized experience across a broad range of consumer segments, supports our role as an effective advisor to middle-market clients.
How we can help
DCF’s breadth of M&A advisory services can be seamlessly packaged to adapt to client objectives and changing market conditions. Through decades of experience, we have developed insights into key buyer diligence concerns, valuation drivers, and positioning strategies, translating to a highly customized, effective process tailored to each client’s goals.
- Sell-side advisory and divestiture services - DCF is well-suited to guide clients evaluating a partial or full sale of their company, providing unbiased advice at each step of the M&A process from initial market preparation through due diligence and sign and close.
- Buy-side advisory services - DCF has a demonstrated track record of helping strategic and financial buyers execute growth opportunities through acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, and alliances across the globe and a range of transaction values.
- Board and strategic alternative advisory - DCF provides strategic insights and analyses for shareholders and board directors evaluating key business decisions.
- Capital advisory services - DCF provides capital advisory services ranging from strategic advice on capital structure options and available sources of financing to assisting with the execution of multifaceted balance sheet restructurings and financings.
- ESOP corporate finance - DCF has industry-leading experience in advising clients on a variety of employee stock ownership plan (“ESOP”) transactions.
Our experience across core industry subsectors
Our leadership position is driven by seasoned, sector-focused bankers that have facilitated hundreds of transactions, representing over $2 billion in aggregate transaction value in 2022 across primary and secondary buyouts, strategic sales, advisory services, and private financing transactions.
Consumer notable transactions
To stay informed on evolving industry trends and rapidly changing capital markets, our quarterly industry updates and Deloitte Consumer perspectives provide an overview of key marketplace insights and the M&A environment.
- Consumer products M&A update: Q3 2022
- 2023 consumer products industry outlook
- Retail and consumer products: the battle for customer loyalty
Deloitte’s Entrepreneur Summit—an annual networking event for middle-market businesses to engage with financial sponsors—connects consumer & retail products and services companies with leading global private equity groups and capital providers. Learn more about this monumental networking event.