Rules of the program
Canada’s Best Managed Companies is a program that aims to challenge and recognize the overall strength of successful privately-owned companies, while coaching and recognizing their leadership teams.
1. Canada’s Best Managed Companies program is open to all companies who satisfy the eligibility criteria.
2. Companies will need to complete a Phase I application form to confirm eligibility via a secure online website.
3. Applicants will be required to confirm that the information contained in their application form is accurate, and that they have obtained all necessary authorizations, including consents, to permit handling of this information, in accordance with the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program Code of Conduct and Terms and Conditions.
4. The closing date for receipt of Phase I entries is 12:00 PM on Friday October 1 2021
5. Applicants that successfully pass Phase I will be notified and invited to proceed to Phase II. Phase II will include an in-depth application, Best Managed Lab, and Coach meetings.
• Best Managed Lab – The Best Managed applicant lab is designed to help companies complete over 80% of the phase 2 application. Deloitte and CIBC facilitators will collaborate with your executive team and focus on key elements of what it takes to be Best Managed
6. The closing date for receipt of Phase II submissions is 12:00 PM on Friday November 12 2021
7. The Best Managed applicants will be reviewed during regional and national judging processes including a review by an external judging panel consisting of program sponsors and Best Managed CEOs. Companies will be evaluated against the global Best Managed Companies framework in which management abilities and practices are assessed in the following domains: clear strategy, strong capabilities, company commitment and financial performance. The judging panel reserves the right to de-select an application at any stage of the program.
8. The jury decision of Canada’s Best Managed Companies is based on the information provided by the applicant within the self-assessment, commentary provided by their coaches, and information found during background checks. The applicant remains responsible for the provided information. At no times, should the jury’s decision be interpreted as a professional attestation or opinion based on the necessary audit steps. The judging panel’s decision, regarding the award of the Best Managed Companies program and the companies that will be awarded, is indisputable.
9. The Best Managed Companies will be announced publicly on TBD
10. Applicants agree that Deloitte may incorporate a link to their corporate website on www.bestmanagedcompanies.ca if they are selected.
11. Canada’s Best Managed Companies program respects the privacy of applicants and their identified contacts and has put in place processes to support this. Individuals may review, update and correct their personal information, and request removal from the mailing list.