Energy law services
The dynamic development of the energy sector continues to be in focus today. Improving the productivity of energy production, the efficient use of energy sources and switching to renewables, new technologies, renewable energy production emerging and becoming more accessible to the general population, the spreading of e-mobility and smart energy, and the need for addressing environmental issues and mitigating harmful consequences pose challenges on an ongoing basis for both legislators and the entities operating in the sector. Emerging business trends (in particular, acquisitions and entering new sectors within the energy industry to complement core activities or adopting a new role within a sector) present industry players with complex challenges. Responding to all of these challenges require careful preparation, multi-level analysis and a professional problem-solving approach.
Deloitte’s energy law team consists of attorneys and energy experts who have a long track record of working for major multinational and Hungarian company groups and possess wide experience in both regulatory matters and practical implementation and are familiar with the challenges, practical issues and business trends of the sector. Relying on all of this expertise, they strive to create optimal solutions and follow the current trends and the changes in the legal environment in order to serve the best interests of our clients.
Our energy team focuses sectors such as electricity, natural gas, distance heating, water utility, waste management and energy efficiency.
We offer expertise in the following areas:
- Investment protection (M&A, due diligence and other reviews
- Legal advisory (preparing and expressing an opinion on contracts, business policies and contract packages, preparing studies and legal opinions, participating in strategy development)
- Business law advisory (providing legal support during business meetings, evaluation of Hungarian and foreign grants and projects, risk assessment)
- Administrative cases (obtaining permits, liaising with authorities, representation and advisory)
- Involvement in legislative processes