Managing Director | Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC
550 S. Tryon Street
James is a managing director with Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC (DCF). Prior to joining DCF, James served as a vice president at McColl Partners, LLC. His transaction experience includes sell-side, buy-side, strategic advisory, and private capital raising assignments for clients in the business services, consumer products, and industrial and infrastructure industries.
Previously, James worked in the investment banking division of a national securities firm, where he focused on numerous advisory and financing transactions for clients primarily in the energy and power industry.
- Advisor to IQNavigator, a portfolio company of GTCR, in the sale of its managed services provider division to MSX International
- Advisor to VitalSmarts in its sale to PCDHC, an affiliate of Providence Equity Partners
- Advisor to Precision Hydraulic Cylinders, a portfolio company of BB&T Capital Partners, in its sale to Owner Resource Group
- Advisor to Kainos Capital on its acquisition of InterHealth Nutraceuticals
- Advisor to Dymatize, a portfolio company of TA Associates, in its sale to Post Holdings
- Advisor to Elkhorn Holdings in its sale to John Wood Group
- Advisor to Cutters Gloves in its sale to Shock Doctor, Inc.
- Advisor to KeyImpact Sales & Systems on its closing of a minority equity investment from Eos Partners
- Advisor to Turner Industries Group on its $375 MM senior debt financing with J.P. Morgan and Bank of America
- Advisor to Amport Foods on its majority recapitalization with Gryphon Investors
- Advisor to Cardell Cabinetry on its recapitalization with H.I.G. Capital
- Advisor to Fehr Foods in its sale to Compañia de Galletas Noel S.A.S., a subsidiary of Colombia-based Grupo Nacional de Chocolates S.A.
- Advisor on the sale of Southern Careers Institute to Endeavour Capital
- Advisor to the special committee of USANA Health Sciences, Inc. on the evaluation of a tender offer presented by certain shareholders as part of a proposed take-private transaction
Education & Certifications
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business: MBA, Finance & Financial Analysis -- Fuqua Merit Scholar
- University of Texas at Dallas: BS, Business Administration (Finance)
Transactions presented may include transactions for which DCF professionals provided services while employed at McColl Partners LLC.
Business Services M&A update: Q1 2017