About the Technology Fast 50™ program
At the forefront of innovation
22 years of celebrating Canada's fastest-growing technology companies
The future won’t wait. New technologies are emerging every day that reshape the way we do business and live our lives. More than ever, business leaders must think fast and lead with innovation. Those who do it best deserve recognition.
The Technology Fast 50™ program celebrates innovation, rapid revenue growth, and entrepreneurial spirit. Awards are presented in categories that define and characterize the unique strengths of the Canadian technology industry. Winners include both public and private companies in a variety of industry sub-sectors, including hardware, software, telecommunications, emerging technology, and digital media.
For 22 years, this program has recognized forward-thinking companies at the cutting edge of innovative technologies. Are you one of them?
Technology Fast 50™ ranking
This category is a ranking of Canada’s 50 fastest-growing technology, media, and telecommunications companies by revenue-growth percentage over their last four years of operation.
Enterprise Fast 15
This leadership category recognizes fastest-growing enterprise-level technology, media, and telecommunications companies by revenue-growth percentage over their last four years of operation. It’s open to companies that recorded a minimum revenue of $10 million in 2015 and a minimum revenue of $25 million in 2018.
North American Technology Fast 500™ ranking
This ranks the 500 technology companies in North America that post the highest revenue-growth percentage over their last four years of operation.
This category highlights Canadian technology companies with the potential to be future Technology Fast 50™ candidates.
Is your company a Fast 50™ contender?
Technology Fast 50™ and North American Technology Fast 500™ applicants must be:
- In business for at least four years (on or prior to December 31, 2015)
- Headquartered in Canada or Canadian-controlled, with both management and research and development (R&D) teams also located in Canada
- Investing a minimum of five percent of gross revenues in R&D
- Generating a significant proportion of operating revenue via proprietary technology and/or intellectual property (see the FAQ section for the definition)
- Able to prove minimum revenues of $50,000 in 2015 and $5 million in 2018. (Revenues to qualify for Fast 500™ must be US$50,000 in 2015 and US$5 million in 2018.)
- Participating in one of the following five sub-sectors:
- Emerging technologies
- Digital media
Eligibility in the Enterprise Fast 15 category requires applicants to meet the same criteria as for Technology Fast 50™ nominees except they must have a minimum revenue of $10 million in 2015 and a minimum revenue of $25 million in 2018.
To be eligible in the Companies-to-Watch category, applicants must meet the same criteria as for Technology Fast 50™ nominees except for those related to revenue and the number of years in business.
The future won’t wait—neither should you. If you have what it takes to claim a leading spot among Canadian technology innovators, apply today for the Fast 50™ program.
Special thanks to our sponsors