Apply for a job in Audit
Play a key role in ensuring fair and relevant financial reporting
Working as an auditor at Deloitte is so much more than just crunching numbers. Our auditors are dedicated to their work because they understand that it is crucial for any company or client that strives to grow and create long-term value.
As part of the Audit team, you will be involved in every aspect of our clients' companies from their funding and business strategy to the internal controls that cover operations. You’ll work in teams of Deloitte professionals that assess our clients’ compliance needs with internal corporate policies, laws and regulations and international accounting frameworks. Deloitte serves a global portfolio in a variety of industries – from big pharma to public institutions and smaller private companies. Find out how you can play a crucial role in ensuring our clients' success by joining our Audit practice.
A versatile job with new challenges every day
Let’s be clear: a job in audit means you play a key role in ensuring effective capital markets and enabling confidence in investors and stakeholders by managing the financial information prepared by our clients. It also means facing new challenges – and opportunities – every day. You gain thorough insights into the controls and processes of a wide range of companies using various tools to examine, observe and understand the inner workings of their organisations. Every one of our clients faces a different range of (financial) risks, which our auditors first identify and then design tailored procedures to address these risks. You'll examine company-relevant financial issues and assess the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in the companies’ financial reporting. In cross-border engagements, you will collaborate with other offices from the Deloitte international network, working in culturally diverse environments.
Working as an auditor at Deloitte means you could be part of one of many different fields and teams. Our audit practice is specialised in the following:
- Corporate Audit: Participate in a group audit of public or private companies, interoffice reporting for cross-border engagement, statutory audit, and reviewing the effectiveness of internal control systems.
- Financial Services Industry (‘FSI’) Audit: Conduct year-end audits and provide specialist support for audit. Internal audit services and consulting projects for clients in the banking, asset management and insurance sectors. Perform regulatory audits of FINMA-regulated financial institutions.
- IT Audit: Design compliance processes and IT systems and ensure efficient auditing of the regularity risks of our clients’ IT landscapes
- LSE / SME Audit: Focus on limited statutory examinations and small and medium sized audits.
- Assurance: Review procedures, ad hoc advisory accounting, adoption of new accounting standards, and assessments of readiness to a disruptive event (M&A, Integration, IPO).
“A great place to grow and advance your career.”
Mylène Storeckle, Senior, Corporate Audit
Putting your curiosity and communication skills to good use
In a complex, rapidly changing world, our auditor teams continuously face new challenges and work them out using a broad skill set, including analytical thinking, attention to detail and problem-solving. We support them with access to Deloitte's methodologies, technology and tools and provide opportunities to deepen their expertise further.
Our auditors share several common characteristics:
- A high degree of integrity, independence, and sense of responsibility
- Curiosity to our clients’ businesses and adaptability to our clients’ corporate cultures
- Thirst for knowledge that enrich our projects with new perspectives
- Technologically savvy
- An eye for detail and an analytical mind-set
- An ability to analyse complex problems and develop and communicate solutions
- Strong communications skills in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Team player and appreciative of constructive feedback
- The ambition to continually develop their skills
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree and interest in accounting, finance, and assurance
Be part of an exciting work environment
Around 460+ auditors currently work at Deloitte Switzerland in our offices in Zurich, Basel, Lausanne, and Geneva. They are part of interdisciplinary teams that focus on various industries such as pharma, financial services, retail, energy & resources, manufacturing, and the public sector. The roles vary from being an Audit Associate to an Audit Manager. Our auditors work together with colleagues from the Deloitte global network and receive regular training on Swiss and International accounting requirements.
At Deloitte, we are proud of our open, inclusive, and flexible working environment, helping all our people to develop their full potential. You will benefit from many advantages, such as flexible working arrangements, the ability to work remotely when not on client site, health initiatives, and a generous working parents programme. Learn more about the exciting possibilities that await you as part of our audit team.
Learn more from our auditors:
I immensely appreciate the trust and independence I have experienced at Deloitte. I love working with committed, enthusiastic team members who turn daily tasks into interesting problem-solving activities. Together, we enable our clients to unravel inefficiencies and improve their way of working thanks to insights from our audits.
Assistant Manager, Audit & Assurance
I love that in my job in audit, I work in an ever-changing environment which is always challenging and pushing me to my limits. What I prefer most, though, is teamwork; there are always people around to share, discuss and compare ideas. Besides my audit work, I also have the opportunity to develop my soft skills with my involvement as team leader in our Lausanne University Graduate Marketing Team. I really appreciate running events and meeting some of our future new joiners.
Senior Industrial Auditor, Corporate Audit
I like the fact that I am responsible for making sure that financial statements are free of errors. It gives me a feeling of “I have done right” amidst an economic environment where fraud and forged numbers are happening daily. The job as an auditor is often perceived as boring. The opposite is true! There are a variety of areas you can look into, especially at Deloitte. What I particularly love about working at Deloitte is that hard work, talent and knowledge get rewarded – be it by getting more responsibility or having the chance to work on exciting international assignments. It is a great place to grow and advance your career.
Senior Auditor, Corporate Audit