Technology Fast 50 Award Application
2021 applications are closed
Are you interested in participating in the Technology Fast 50 competition? All of the information about applications is here. Please contact the Fast 50 team with any questions you may have.
How can you apply?
2021 applications are closed. Applications for the Technology Fast 50 Award are free of charge through an online tool, which will be available on this page after the start of the application period.
Please contact our team with any questions about the application or process.
What is the timetable of the competition?
- May 4 - July 18: 2021 Fast 50 Award application phase
- July/August: Preselection stage and review of applications
- September: Technology Fast 50 Challenge Award Pitch Day and jury evaluation. Finalists in each category pitch their solution to a panel of the Fast 50 Advisory Board, selected external and corporate partners as well as Deloitte sector experts. The jury votes for the best concept in each category.
- November: Technology Fast 50 Award winners will be announced (both prize categories)
What award categories are there?
The Technology Fast 50 Award includes two competition categories:
Technology Fast 50
The category for the 50 fastest-growing technology companies, measured by revenue growth over the last four years.
Our category for start-ups and scale-ups: Your company is innovative, you are bubbling with new ideas and looking for a new challenge? Then take up the challenge and apply in one of the following areas: Future of Manufacturing, RetailTech and PropTech.
You can submit applications for both categories.
What criteria do applications need to meet?
Technology Fast 50
Deloitte awards the 50 fastest-growing companies in the technology sector. Assessment criteria are the average percentage revenue growth of the last four financial years (2017 to 2020). Companies from the following sectors are invited to apply:
- Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical
- Energy Technology (e.g. clean tech, green tech)
- Communications / Networking (e.g. equipment manufacturers, satellite telecommunications service, service providers, wireless service providers)
- Digital Content / Media / Entertainment (e.g. AdTech, digital commerce, gaming, Over-the-top service, social media)
- Hardware (e.g. electronic devices/computers/peripherals, semiconductors/components, Internet of Things)
- Medical Devices
- Software (e.g. artificial intelligence, cloud services, consumer software, data analytics, digital platforms, enterprise software, internet of things, mobile, SaaS, security, social networking)
- FinTech (e.g. asset management, cryptocurrency, consumer credit/lending, digital banking, InsurTech, money transfer, payments, RegTech)
The following criteria must be met:
With the Technology Fast 50 Challenge Award, Deloitte honors start-ups and scale-ups that use their technologies to solve digital (business) challenges in the fields of Future of Manufacturing, RetailTech and PropTech.
1. Market ready and scalable product
2. Proven product-solution fit
3. International applications possible
A jury consisting of the Fast 50 Advisory Board, selected external and corporate partners as well as Deloitte sector experts will evaluate applications in a multi-step process and select a winner in each category. Following the awards, Deloitte will tap into their global and extensive network in each of the different categories, as well as deep knowledge to identify collaboration opportunities for the Technology Fast 50 Challenge Award winners of each category. Furthermore, winners benefit from a long-term partnership with Deloitte within the partner network and global ecosystem to solve digital challenges, to grow, and to tap into innovation potential together.
The Challenge Award in brief
What's in for you?
- Powerful Connections: Tap into a community of inspiring experts and companies, and build powerful connections to become even more successful in your field.
- Global Exposure: You will automatically take part in the international EMEA Technology Fast 500, which Deloitte awards to the 500 fastest-growing companies in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and also be included in our Global Catalyst Startup Network for further collaboration opportunities on an international scale.
- Industry Access: Build a solid relationship with Deloitte Industry and Functional Domain Partners, opening up the opportunity for a long-term partnership and collaboration across the Deloitte network.
- Branding Material: You will receive a "Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Award" media kit to integrate on your website and media channels.
What do former winners say about the Fast 50 Award?
- Interview with Cloud&Heat: The 2019 Fast 50 Award winner on sustainability in data centers, innovation and cooperation
- Interview with Starmind: Oliver Muhr, Fast 50 Challenge Award Winner 2019, on AI, employee skills, and remote work
- Interview with Celonis: Bastian Nominacher on process mining, start-ups and innovation (in German)
- Interview with LANCOM: Stefan Herrlich on cybersecurity, SDN and innovation “Made in Germany” (in German)