Sustainability and ESG Performance and Reporting
With a strong societal focus on sustainability and responsible business conduct, the need to be transparent and provide credible and comparable sustainability data is ever increasing.
The main questions for leaders to consider are:
- Which ESG metrics and reporting standards are relevant and how do we use them?
- How does this fit into our operations, data management, and performance systems?
- What analytics solutions could we use to ensure reliable, real-time data?
- How do we measure environmental and societal impact?
- How do we communicate sustainability and ESG performance without putting our weaknesses on display or risk being accused of greenwashing?
Regulators are working on imposing additional requirements for sustainability disclosure, investors request comparable sustainability data while customers and employees expect organizations to demonstrate how they are realizing their sustainability strategies. Therefore, it is no surprise that sustainability factors – including Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors – increasingly impact an organization’s performance and long-term value creation.
When companies and organizations are met with many different sustainability-related requirements and expectations from their stakeholders, it can be difficult to navigate the complex landscape of international standards and frameworks. As a global and multidisciplinary firm, Deloitte is uniquely positioned to help you integrate sustainability throughout your organization and operation.
”Setting up KPIs and utilizing data to track sustainability performance helps companies understand their societal impact, monitor progress and take action when needed.”
How we can help
With more than 20 years of experience within this field, we are specialized in helping our clients integrate sustainability criteria into their performance management, financial disclosure and external communication. If you also want to become more sustainable, transparent and data-driven, we can help you:
- Develop robust ESG and sustainability performance indicators
- Customize reporting frameworks that measure the broader environmental and societal impact
- Design data management processes and internal control systems
- Add further value and trustworthiness to your performance data and impact measurements by providing independent assurance and audits
- Communicate your impact externally in a credible manner.
Want to know more? Find contact information below.
Get in touch
Reach out if you have any questions or want to know more about our Sustainability and ESG Performance and Reporting services.